BIN immediate payment

Have had 3 BIN orders bought today ( on another account) but were not paid for straight away which was very unusal as immediate payment is normally enforced on BIN items so I guess ebay have taken away the forced payment. Now I had change all my listings to be immediate payment on BIN, if things change wish we were notified before hand so we could prepare. Also had to change brand & UPC on every listing which was not fun. Has this happened to others too over the last couple of days.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: BIN immediate payment

Thank you Khulu for backing me up, in davewils post he kind of contradicts himself by admitting that ebay does impose immediate payment on some sellers with that I dont have any control over, then yet he says its up to me to manage it the way I want. How can I manage something when its forced on me..

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@bellmatho73,

davewil has not contradicted himself. He says that if you do want Immediate Payment enabled, generally speaking it's up to the seller himself/herself to select it.

He also states that eBay anecdotally impose Immediate Payment upon some seller accounts. He adds that this has not happened to him personally (hence "anecdotally" which is implied in his post).

Any contradiction comes from eBay's on/off fiddling with some accounts, not from davewil.

I'm sorry that Immediate Payment has been imposed on your account without your knowledge or wish. tippy*toes has posted that this has also happened to her. If I read your posts correctly, you actually don't mind having Immediate Payment...? It's just that it was enabled on your account with your knowledge...? If that's the case, at least it's not as dreadful as if you definitely didn't want Immediate Payment at all.

I hope you have now been able to sort out your listings to take advantage of the Immediate Payment. (You could always try ringing eBay if you don't actually want the Immediate Payment option, but from what I have heard, eBay CS reps will claim not to know why it's happening on your account, that no one else has made a complaint, and that they will pass on your concern to technical support. (The latter two points will not be true.)

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@khulu74 wrote:
You are totally wrong !!! Yes, eBay is responsible if there will be any changes on things/futures especially forced by eBay when setting up stores. No need to blame store owners for this eBayโ€™s own laziness ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I don't have a store on any of my accounts. Dave has stores on most of his accounts. I have been forced into immediate payment against my will, he hasn't.

If you were forced, and didn't like it, but then decided you did like it and they took it away, for heaven's sakes, change your settings to immediate payment. You don't have to change each individual listing, the setting is in your preferences. It will add it to all your listings in an instant. Simple as that.

I just wish they'd take it away from me.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply