Being overcharged for postage label

I have "calculated postage" on my listings. Sold an item, and the buyer paid $12.20, which according to the latest book from the Post Office, is now the rate for a 1 Kg package to anywhere in Australia. When going to print the label the price is coming up at $13.95. It has always been spot on and correct in the past, with a small discount to me for printing my own label.

Any advice please, who should I be complaining to about this?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Being overcharged for postage label

ilce
Community Member

ebay has not updated their postage prices when you use their calculator and Print Label.

Its still the old prices. Its been good and bad. Depends on where you are sending and how much it weighs (especially parcels). I just pick and choose if I use ebay or pay at the post office for now. Im sure they will eventually get a team on it to update the prices.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ilce
Community Member

ebay has not updated their postage prices when you use their calculator and Print Label.

Its still the old prices. Its been good and bad. Depends on where you are sending and how much it weighs (especially parcels). I just pick and choose if I use ebay or pay at the post office for now. Im sure they will eventually get a team on it to update the prices.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If possible use the aust post label for $12.20?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you to all who have replied. I am using my own packaging (boxes) I have been in touch with Australia Post and also eBay, so hopefully things will get sorted out soon. Seems it is a glitch due to the price changes. I have had no problems with printing postage labels in the past, although haven't sold since earlier in the year. They were always spot on to the cent, and then a discount to me for printing my own labels.

On the plus side, finally Australia Post has made a fixed prices for parcels using your own or their packaging, up to 5 kgs.  So now a parcel weighing 500gram to 1 kilo, will travel anywhere in Australia for $12.20.

The latest book from the Post Offices dated 30th September. 2019 is worth picking up.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@ilce wrote:

It's actually Australia Post who has to provide the system update for the ebay label printing page. When that will happen who knows but it's AP that has to do it, not ebay.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

well I hope they take their time. Im saving alot of money right now on postage.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

No, they want to charge $14.30 for a $12.20 label so I won't be using it again.  I print mine out from the Aust Post website or just go to the post office.     

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

No, they are now charging $14.30 instead of $12.20. I am just printing mine from the Aust Post website or taking it to the post office.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply