Best Offer is annoying

It takes days out of your life ticking the stupid "best offer" box so as not to get dumb offers cheaper than your item would cost to post.

You then inform the person offering the rediculous amount that your postage will cost you $13.40 and that an offer of $4 wouldn't even cover the free post. Only to have a reply commenting - isn't it fee post?

I just think to save time, the ticking the free post should be optional the other way around.

ie: unless people choose to have best offer on a listing, there would be no need to tick this infuriatingly slow online service that strips days off your life while you wait for the best offer to disappear from your new listing.

In some circumstances, I have to list something and then go back and revise the listing to remove best offer as I wasn't able to do so the first time around because the process is so slow.

IMO removing the Best Offer check box could speed up listing times by up to 2 minutes

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Best Offer is annoying

It only takes a few seconds and if you do not want to see the stupid low offers then set it to decline under a set amount and problem solved.

No need to waste time dealing with those unwanted buyers.

I laugh at the low offers and send them a counteroffer just to show I am still an interested seller willing to make a sale at the right price.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Best Offer is annoying

you must have faster internet speeds than me as it takes minutes and they add up when you are listing lots of items each day.

I haven't got the time to reply to each offer let alone set a upper and lower offer amount for each item, that would be even more time.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Best Offer is annoying

I have one id that I use specifically for BIN with Best Offer. It takes no longer to list that way than any other unless you mean the couple of seconds it takes to fill in the auto accept and reject feature so I never have to bother about people making offers below what I want to sell for.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Best Offer is annoying

If you are that time poor that you can not simply hit the decline button then just IGNORE any offers less than you would be happy to accept.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Best Offer is annoying

Actually i agree with the OP, I know exactly what you mean. If i do one listing with a best offer, suddenly it's the default for every new listing. And it's not just simply a matter of unchecking the box; I get the swirly waiting symbol when I do this for as long as I let run. The only way to get around it is to press Continue to go to the next page, then Edit listing to go back. Then i can uncheck the box. It takes ages and is totally infuriating.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Best Offer is annoying

Use Turbolister, rama. You can set no offers as the defalt.

Plus, it's more convenient anyway.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Best Offer is annoying

Only takes about 15 seconds in my experience. If best offer doesn't uncheck in 5 seconds, I go your route.

But for the bulk of my listings I use TL.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Best Offer is annoying

TL may be a good work around for some, but the point is that the lister in ebay should work properly, not need a work around.  It is the life blood of the site after all.

Ebay is slow at the best of times - and I have really good ADSL2+ connectivity, often 1mbps download rate - why should I have to perform extra page refreshes and mouse clicks to perform the simplest, most basic task on ebay?

My only solution for this problem has been to relist something that doesn't have best offer already, making sure I edit the listing in some way.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Best Offer is annoying

Doesnt seem to matter if I have best ooffer on my listings or not, people still send messages with offers. I am polite but there are the ones I would like to "let fly" at. lol

Just had a $45 non solicited offer on a $125 item.......yeah right thats gonna happen  NOT .....Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply