Best way dealing with senseless and groundless neutral and negative feedbacks

Just got another groundless and senseless neutral feedback received from a 0.99 cents item, any tips everyone dealing with those? Know its part of the game but do gets frustrating at timesSmiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best way dealing with senseless and groundless neutral and negative feedbacks

Very frustrating, It does get easier to handle.

My tips are , do not reply for at least a day so your response is not a reaction to that neutral.

Try not to take it personally, focus on all the lovely positives you have.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: Best way dealing with senseless and groundless neutral and negative feedbacks

Don't sell things for 99c?

After all people value things by what the things cost them. A 99c purchase doesn't have the same level of ownership as a $100 purchase.

And the same item bought for $100 will elicit less negatives, as the purchase price is part of their validation. ie The more they pay, the less likely they are to admit they made an error.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Very frustrating, It does get easier to handle.

My tips are , do not reply for at least a day so your response is not a reaction to that neutral.

Try not to take it personally, focus on all the lovely positives you have.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Don't sell things for 99c?

After all people value things by what the things cost them. A 99c purchase doesn't have the same level of ownership as a $100 purchase.

And the same item bought for $100 will elicit less negatives, as the purchase price is part of their validation. ie The more they pay, the less likely they are to admit they made an error.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks so much, will take your adviceWoman Happy Really great help!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks much Dave, yes you actually got a point. Just a new seller and trying to try each selling methods that work will best work , but will definitely will have a good think of it:) Cheers!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Neutral feedback - ‘’’had alot of trouble gettin item from post office as it wasnt left at my address’’’

Seriously why would the courier leave the parcel if no one was home?

I went to the trouble and expense of having the parcel sent via courier for a speedy delivery.

Buyer never left her contact number and took 3 days to respond when I asked for it – by which stage I had already authorised the parcel to be sent.

Courier advised me that no one was home I immediately contacted the buyer texting and calling to let her know what to do to get her delivery.

For all this I get neutral feedback….oh I am so disappointed

Any suggestions? 😞

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

ring Ebay and ask them to remove the feedback on the grounds that the comment does not reflect on you or your service

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I think that sometimes if you use a service or courier other than Australia Post and it this is not indicated in your listing then this may serve to annoy some buyers. 

I know myself that having to supply my contact details to seller to pass onto a courier and then having to tic tac with the courier to organise a suitable delivery time would annoy me if it was not mentioned in the listing. If the timing of sending a parcel is contingent on having contact details of a buyer then this needs to be made very clear in the listing, on invoices etc etc.

I take my hat off to anyone who uses a service other than AP, however I think type of delivery service needs to be explicit in listing as well as making it clear to buyers there is an extra step involved in getting the item delivered.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply