Beware buying Aust post express satchels

There is a thread on buying about this that I saw too late, so putting this in selling as that is where I usually only look and presume a lot of sellers only do too. After a getting a voucher from ebay thought I would buy some 3k express post satchels for this tme of year. Arrived quickly BUT they do not have he little sender keeps tabs. Checked community pages and found they are fraud, Told ebay and got it confirmed also with Austpost who are all looking into it. Afterall counterfeit is not something urgent?? They may/may not get picked up in the post. Auspost may charge you postage and extra if these satchels are used as postage has not been paid on them, which Auspost has confirmed to me. All those sellers who bought are best to claim them back from the seller. May be more than 1 seller, mine were 163424396248

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am so very sorry. I did panic when I got them, as had counterfeit ones before a couple of years ago.I have just spent 2 hours on the phone to Australia post. They have assured me they are useable. I am really so sorry and trying to fix everything now. There are no counterfeit new style bags on the market assured by Australia post. If anyone knows how to remove a post that would be great please as can then take this down.

View solution in original post

Message 33 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Perth, now!

I got caught this year buying same from Qld
Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

That seller has sold hundreds of those satchels in the last month too.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

3 days later despite reporting to both ebay and auspost seller is still selling them in the 100s. Where is the trust and safety team on ebay ??? maybe gone on holidays early

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

they're hit and miss at the best of times. i was warned a listing of mine violated their "choice policy" which in fairness, i wasn't aware of and was totally at fault. i promptly removed the listing. there were thousands of others who were doing the same thing for the same items and some were selling multiple hundreds a day. i reported the listings; they said they would look into them.. to this day the listings of those people still exist and they've sold 4000+ of the items. 

i hate to say it, but i think sometimes it's a case of profits for them over policy. i was selling minor amounts of the items, but the fees they would make on 4000+ of the items from one user, let alone hundreds would be huge! 

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

it also looks as if there is glaring problems with people selling express post satchels in bulk on ebay anyway. a lot of the buy it now prices are cheaper than australia post sells them for in 10 packs etc. when you take into consideration ebay fees, and the fact they offer free postage, i can't see how it's viable? or is there something i'm missing? 

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

@lm-entertainment wrote:

it also looks as if there is glaring problems with people selling express post satchels in bulk on ebay anyway. a lot of the buy it now prices are cheaper than australia post sells them for in 10 packs etc. when you take into consideration ebay fees, and the fact they offer free postage, i can't see how it's viable? or is there something i'm missing? 

Some could be old stock that some try to sell,(they may get sent to a "depot" to be destroyed but get sold

instead).

There have also been cases where a number get stolen.

Duplicating is what the Chinese do so there is also the chance that some genuine looking satchel could

be fakes that get through.

Businesses also get discounts on vouchers so some of those could also find their way on to here as well.

In the end it could be a variety of resons,Who knows.gif

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

I've bought satchels on ebay and got genuine ones but I think those sellers no longer needed them and were selling them for what they could get. Most of the people with hundreds for sale would be selling Chinese fakes that they attach the free AP tracking labels to. In other words, AP are delivering those satchels for free but the ebay buyer is paying for them and the seller is paying next to nothing for them and making all the profit that AP should be making.
Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

I usually buy my satchels from ebay when I get a discount offer and all have been legit till now. I think they are bought in a huge bulk order fro AP, then sold in 10s or more. Worth buying if I get a 10% off voucher. But these express post ones clearly do not have the peel off tracking number sticker, but are using the free express post stickers available in rolls from AP. AP have told me they are on the lookout for these and you could be stung with having not paid postage and and get an extra fee penalty too. I have a claim on ebay to finalise tomorrow I hope for my refund. Despite leaving a negative to alert other buyers, people are still buying the same. I presume the bags are made overseas in you know where and the free stickers just put on. Very very good money in this unfortunately with this dishonesty, and AP are deliverying free. And we all pay in the end with the post costs going up

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

It's not just express satchels, it's all of them.
Message 10 of 39
Latest reply