Big Supermarket has 86.2% feedback

You may have reacently heard some news about a large supermarket chain entering the ebay space.

Wow, can't believe how low their feedback is. With the number of people leaving negative feeback for out of stocks, thier defect rate must be through the roof too.

Unless they get ebay to step in and fix it, I think it would be quite hard to recover from.

If you want to see for yourself, I followed them.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I figured that out. They don't ship everywhere, and you must be registered in an area they don't ship to.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Adelaide? Could be Friday gremlins 🙂
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

....and they have NO items for sale
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

You're right...they don't ship to Adelaide metro....no wonder I can't see anything...lol
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Seems they are being distributed from Hawthorn East VIC.  No frozen food as it's an unattended delivery.

Seems a bit premature to trial this - if I were Coles I'd wait for their new automated warehouse system to be in action as delivery issues can be huge with online groceries (i've ordered from Coles and Woolies for years).

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

It's a little surprising (to me) that Coles would seek to have an eBay presence. Their online ordering facility works well enough (and ditto for Woolworths). I've ordered grocery items for delivery a few times when I knew I had a very very very full day and I needed extra ingredients for dishes I was preparing that day for that evening, and on one occasion when I was running out of Fancy Feast (for the very lordly cat who thinks he rules here), and doubted that I'd have the chance to pop down to the nearest supermarket.

But... it's rare for me to order online from supermarkets, given that we have six supermarkets within 11 minutes of here.

I can understand people who live at some distance from the nearest supermarket regarding supermarket deliveries with great relief.

Spoiler

I once ordered potatoes from an IGA in Mansfield. (That's about 2 hours away.) They were special potatoes which I'd not been able to source locally... "Nicola" potatoes, which are wonderful for roasting (and for making triple-fried chips, the Heston Blumenthal way), but have sufficiently low GI to make them suitable for diabetics. When I do roast potatoes or chips for Christmas, I want to make sure that EVERYONE in the family can enjoy said potatoes/chips... and the Carisma potatoes (available only from Coles) just don't make the final cut for roasting. The IGA guy in Mansfield from whom I ordered was terrific... organising the huge box of potatoes on a truck coming down to Melbourne, the day before Christmas, direct to our front door.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Online ordering from Woolies works for me.  

I am unable to walk around all those aisles.

Ordering online also means you don't see the 'must have' items they put at the end

of the aisles and near the register.

It's a money saver.

Not wanting to try the other one as I don't like their meat.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

I thought the same, countessa. Since the big 2 already have online ordering & click & collect, I wondered who on earth would even think of looking on ebay. I would not have.

Great info about roast potatoes, by the way. Mind you, I know I am not into cooking up to your standard but every Christmas I worry about the potatoes. We've 3 supermarkets very close by but I have never seen the Nicola potatoes. 

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
You're right...they don't ship to Adelaide metro....no wonder I can't see anything...lol

If you change your postcode to 3000 you'll be able to see what they have. I can just see myself paying $1.80 for a bag of carrots with $10 postage.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply