Bitcoin

Bitcoin has been widely accepted as an alternative to most forms of payment by many sites and established online traders

Why doesnt Ebay accept Bitcoin ? has Ebay any plans in the future to accept Bitcoin ?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Bitcoin

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I sincerely hope not.....and I very much doubt that it will ever happen.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Bitcoin

It is a very unstable form of currency that is not totally secured.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Bitcoin

This forum is for and by members. If you have questions of eBay you might like to try asking them directly.

As far as I can determine bitcoin is a speculation, not a currency. Certainly the way it fluctuates would make it less than optimal as a payment form.

We have enough people whinging about exchange rates for real money, without bringing virtual 'money' into the equation.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Bitcoin

Hi , many would take the opposing view and say digital money is the future but i guess time will tell .
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Bitcoin

You might, many don't. Just because you have an idea, doesn't automatically mean others are going to like it. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Bitcoin

"Hi , many would take the opposing view and say digital money is the future but i guess time will tell . "

Digital money isnt the future - its what we all have been using for years - almost noone goes to the bank or uses cash for purchases anymore.

Bitcoin is simply a different form of currency like US$/AU$/pounds/yen etc. except it isnt controlled or backed by a country (who does own and therefore control it anyway?)

As for me i require aussie doll hairs for everything - whats the problem with converting your bitcoin to AU$??? OHHHH that is the problem right there eh? Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Bitcoin

It's an interesting question, but one that fails the test of common sense and logic, I'm sorry. I always look at suggestions like this with consensus in mind. Would it be something of benefit for the majority? Would the majority support it? I know the answer would be a big no.

And that's where it ends really, good suggestion or otherwise.

I'd love to invent my own currency. Giving it real substantive and comparative worth though, will always be the kicker.

I'm sure you mean well, but I'm just as sure you'd understand what was meant by the suggestion of it being virtual money without tangible real security or value. I'd not like to have too many of my Aussie dollars tied up in Bitcoin Virtual Currency.

Would you  sell your home in exchange for Bitcoins?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Bitcoin

Yes I agree that it's not a secure currency but it is a currency never the less equaling to nearly $9000 for 1 bitcoin at this stage.

Although it's a virtual currency and you can only use it on the net it does cost to purchase it and it's like purchasing shares,stocks which all have a high risk to them.

Bitcoin doesn't have anything to save it if it goes down the toilet so it's a very high risk.

But the more people that use it or are after it the more valuable it becomes.

Bitcoin is nearly at its peak meaning there are only a certain number and once they are all produced/purchased they will be very valuable and rare.

Once a bitcoin has reached its true value you can then sell it for real cash if you wish.

I have purchased bitcoins and I know that I could loose them at any moment lol.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Bitcoin

Plus Bitcoin was created to be uncontrolled....

and places like Ebay....

Like to control everything as much as beyond possible.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply