Block people with 0 or 1 feedback from bidding?

Is there a way to block people with 0 or 1 feedback from bidding on your auctions?

I have relisted an old apple watch 3 times now and it's always people with 0 or 1 feedback that overbid, win, then don't pay. 
Then I have to wait 4 days until I can open a case, another 4 days till I can close it. Then go about relisting it again, just to go through the same **bleep** all over again.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@hadzimusic wrote:

Is there a way to block people with 0 or 1 feedback from bidding on your auctions?

I have relisted an old apple watch 3 times now and it's always people with 0 or 1 feedback that overbid, win, then don't pay. 
Then I have to wait 4 days until I can open a case, another 4 days till I can close it. Then go about relisting it again, just to go through the same **bleep** all over again.

have you considered listing it as a ‘Buy-It-Now with Best-Offer’ listing?

If you have a fair idea of what you want for it then list it for $50 more as a Buy-Now with Best-Offer item with settings that require immediate payment.  That way, you can also set an auto accept amount set at the amount you want for it so that you don’t have to handle offers that are well below what you want for it. You might get lucky and get your asking price!

Immediate payment required = no non-paying buyers

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

As a matter of interest, what was YOUR feedback when you first joined eBay? If YOUR sellers had blocked 0 feedback buyers, would you have ever been able to buy?

As Sir Sales said, use BIN. You should have a fairly good idea of value after 3 completed auctions.

And, no, you can't block them on feedback. You can block specific members, and you can also set blocks for serial non-payers.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Already have the blocks on for serial non-payers, however I wasn't aware you could block specific people. It's only 2 certain people bidding it up and not paying so this solution would be good for me.

I don't have a good idea of the BIN price as as they were bidding well over what its sold as new from a store unfortunately.

And I have to say, when i joined in 2013, I never had this issue with 0 feedback buyers not paying for high priced items. I've only had it happen to me in the past few months.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Then list it at what you think it's worth. The market will determine whether or not you're right.

Regardless of when you joined, we all start with 0 feedback, and the ability of sellers to block somebody with no feedback would prevent a lot of exemplary (me) buyers from ever getting a toehold.

It always pays to consider the bigger picture and how you would have felt back in 2013. When you were a buyer, not a seller.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@hadzimusic wrote:

I don't have a good idea of the BIN price as as they were bidding well over what its sold as new from a store unfortunately.

you need to ignore any bidding on your completed listings.  The fact they were bidding over retail indicates they were playing games (or scamming)

So, take a look at sold completed listings on an ebay search for that model of watch to get an idea of what they are selling for and go from there.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I've had many successful sales to buyers with little to no feedback score.  All of them were BIN. When I started selling, I listed auctions, and within the first couple of sales, I had a non paying bidder.  She had a high number of previous purchases and lots of good feedback, so it doesn't follow that newbies will be non-payers. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

And also, someone can buy from eBay as a guest now without being registered.  So these kind of buyers naturally wouldn't have any feedback when they make a purchase.

Maybe these people search for an item on Google for instance and an Ad comes up with a promoted eBay listing, so they enter eBay territory this way. I believe after they make the purchase, they get registered and after that, feedbacks will obviously appear.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply