Bonus Auto-Relists Glitch

Tonight I had over 80 items ending which had already listed for 10 days and then auto-relisted a further 3 times.

To my surprise they all re-listed yet again.

When I went to edit them to see if the auto-relist box was still there... it was. It was ticked and said "Relist up to 4 times".

Nice to have a glitch work in my favour for a change. Smiley LOL  

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Bonus Auto-Relists Glitch

Well what do you know!Smiley LOL

Thank you.

PS. The ones I listed before the change with 3 auto relists, and now should be 2 left, have also now jumped to 6 left.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Maybe they've waken up to the fact that we're going to relist anyway so why not make it less of a load for the servers.
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Mine has gone up to 9 times.

Relist 9 times..PNG

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks Dave.

Yeah total BS. I emailed ebay again last night and the response was it is only for casual and new sellers and as I am an "established" seller and am a Top Rated Seller" i am not entitled to the free relists.

No happy with that email response I rang ebay and was told the exact same thing.

So, why are so many other Power Sellers with Top Rated still able to auto relist for free? Seems they don't even know their own policies.

As a good will gesture, they offered me a whopping 10 free relists!

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

You've sold over $1,000 in the last month so if your sales are this high all year you won't be entitled to free relists. Once you sell over a certain amount you're considered a business seller (rather than an individual) and they don't get the free relists. The figure used to be $12K but it's a long time since they've had it showing in their policy so it could have changed, but it's at least $10K a year.
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

I noticed this morning that my relist 3 times had changed to relist 9 times. On the one hand this is nice because my CDs, etc. will be available for purchase for a long time, however it also means that the 40 items I list each month will gradually sink to the bottom of the total list of items available. I would like to be able to have my most recently listed items at the top of the list so that my regular buyers know that I have listed new stuff. 

It would also be good if one could select the number of times an item is automatically relisted.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Every time they automatically relist they show in newly listed so they'll be back up the top without you needing to manually relist.

You can remove AR at any time, eg. after two cycles, three cycles, etc.  On your active selling page there's a dropdown menu to the right of each item and the last option on the list is remove automatic relist. 

I wouldn't complain too much about being able to relist more times because it means you can list more items.  If you only get the 40 freebies you can do 40 items on 30 days in month 1, another 40 in month 2, etc.  The first lot won't need relisting for 8 months (perhaps longer - some of mine are showing 9 relists).  

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks for that information. I'll print out your reply so that I can stop the relisting if I so wish. I would still rather that my fresh listings appeared at the top so that my regular buyers know that I have put new items up for auction rather than seeing old relisted items and possibly assuming that I haven't listed any new ones. I realise that the mechanics of the listing process don';t allow this.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

What they see is ENTIRELY dependant on how they sort their searches.

You also seem to have missed the bit where you were told that each time they relist they get a new number and show as a new listing.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

No, I didn't miss that bit. What I am saying is that (from my point of view) it is a shame that they get a new number and show as a new listing rather than keeping their old number and apperaring below the real new listings. I would prefer that relistings keep their old numbers and that the default order of all listings be based on their listing number with the highest listing being associated with the most recent listing. I know that this isn't going to happen so I will just hope that potential buyers look down the list.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply