Bulk Editing Bugs

This is a bug report.  Whenever I contact Customer Service about problems they always thank me and say they will look into it, and nothing ever results from it.  Maybe if it's discussed here then they will do something.

Today I used the Bulk Edit tool for the first time.  I wanted to adjust all my pricing.  It loaded up 74 items and then I started clicking into the price field to change the values.

By about half way through the items, it started having issues where it was showing all the old prices, then if I scroll to the top it would take a few seconds to reload everything and show the new prices I had just entered.  Such a waste of time.

The further down the list I got, the more of a problem it became.  By the time I got to V, while trying to edit my Volvo poster price, it kept trying to reload the list so all I could only ever enter was 2 instead of 23.

After everything seemed to be 23 except for the Volvo print, I submitted the changes and it said all 74 items were updated.

Lucky I went back to check because only about half of them were actually updated.   I found that groups of items starting with certain letters were left unchanged, such as Lincoln, Merdedes-Benz, Mercury, Pontiac and Plymouth.  Obviously a programming bug.

I repeated the process for the unchanged the items and got them updated.

The other issue is that the price editor field seems to have a mind of its own sometimes and changes your values to big numbers.  I had a few $230,000 and $2,230,000 saved at some stages.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Bulk Editing Bugs

Doing anything on a Friday is usually problematic and especially if it is something you are not experienced at doing. If you haven't come across the Friday gremlins before welcome to the club.

Try searching the boards for the topic in case it is a regular glith, other than that I would wait until tomorrow and try again.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply