Buy It Now items have best offer on

Just noticed this morning, must have come on after the maintenance last night, that all my BIN items have best offer on, I do not do that, so am having to go through and revise, and if you have had items sold on that listing can't be changed.

I had an offer, thats when i knew something was wrong.

Also if you relist anything as well. So be careful if you don't want this feature.

Ebay doing the sneaky on us,Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I just checked mine and so far they don't have any best offers on them.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

That's good, I was just saying to hubby, those with shops with 100's of listings would be spiting chips .
on his ID only had a couple, but they weren't either, but when i relisted one to see, yes there it was best offer.
so keep an eye when they relist.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
No issues here. No need to revise one by one - just use the Bulk Editor revision tool. It would take you all but 1 minute to revise 500 items at a time
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

yep i noticed that when i went to relist a couple. Next to the price was a teeny tiny best offer box already ticked 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I'm havng the same issue - every time I list,  relist or click 'sell similar', Ebay atomatically ticks the best offer box for me even though I have no interest in it. I did not realise this was happening until I began getting ridiculous offers on $3 and $4 items.

It's a bit like having someone in a shop upsell you something at the register by dropping it in your bag and adding the charge to your bill while whispering the offer as quietly as possible while your back is turned. Although I do realise best offer costs nothing, but it's annoying to have to look out for these sneaky extras and a waste of the buyers time when they are falsley led to believe they have a shot at getting an item for less than the listed price.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I noticed that the best offer boxes are pre-ticked when relsiting, revising, or creating new listings. I'd prefer to assume it's a glitch, than eBay being sneaky, but who knows these days.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I relisted a few this week, no Best Offer ticks on any of them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I am having this problem only when listing a new item.  The box is already ticked.  But when relisting or revising the box is not ticked.  But still need to keep an eye on all the new details which seem to be appearing on recent listings including policies for shipping, posting and payment.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I started a thread on here the other day. I have had 2 people who wanted to purchase items from me be declined as they are not phone verified. It took hours to fix and i even spoke to ebay. They said there was nothing wrong with mine or the buyers accounts and they should go through. I removed all buyer requirements and they reappeared so I ended all listings and relisted manually and they were still there, i ended them again and found my html code and started again from scratch. I noticed that the buy it now was on the listings,so i had to go through and untick them. I have halved my listings as it's too much work atm.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply