ebay told me best match have problem, and the premium service system goes wrong

i have been to ebay office on the level 23, 1 york st, sydney, they have contacted the ebay united state technical team, they have told me the best match system have problem, they probably will fix it.  The ranking of my listing is dropped from this week monday, and i can not sell many items out, before i can sell 300+ items easily, currently i only sell 50 items. more than 80% sales drop. if you have the same problem for the best match and listing ranking, please reply this message, we can organise to be a group to beat with ebay about the best mactch problem..

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Thanks, I will contact you.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

yeah, right.

What about the sellers whose listings have surplanted yours on the first page? Will they be happy if yours in turn surplant theirs?  Do you really think buyers use 'best' match when they search?

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

"Best match" set to be default option when somebody comes to ebay and starts searching.

Do you really think a lot of buyers use that dropdown box to change "Best Match" to something more meaningful?

Do you really think a lot of them know there are problems with "Best match"? 

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

1. Yes

2. NFI

I doubt too many people who have spent any time on eBay would scroll through 'best' match listings for long and not look for a more appropriate search algorithm.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Hi,
I have had the same problem as you since 21 Sep.
I am a small scale seller and don't sell a lot of items but got top rated and premium service badge already.
Before 21 Sep,some of my fixed price listing can be found on the first page of best match in my category, but after that it can found on last page with same keywords.
Even the listings from other sellers without premium service and any sales would get a better rank than mine.
I also tried to list some new fixed price items but didn't get any benifit from premium service and there's no boost at all in best match. All my fixed price listing were moved down to bottom of the category.
I have tried to contact ebay customer support for several times but they said the system don't have any problem.

Have your issue been sorted out already?

Thanks

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

hi we are having the same problems. sales down about 50%.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

ebay have not reply me about this issue, they just told me to wait until the issue updated

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Sigh. Many people do not even know how to change search method. And if you use a key word there are more than 200000 items availble what search method do you choose? 90% buyer will just use best match.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Let's just say sometime after 20th Sept the ranking for all my listing have dropped significantly. I used to have several featuring in the top 150 and 99% would be inside 1000. I just checked this morning and I have 0 in the top 1000. I haven't gotten many sales for the past 2 weeks! None of my popular items are moving at all. It's so bad I'm thinking I might as well just cancel my subscription and go back to casual seller! 

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply