Buy with incomplete address.

drouin4
Community Member

Buyer purchased an item from me 3 days ago, they paid straight away with paypal.

Same day I went to wrap their item hoping to post and realised their address is incomplete, there is no street number or street in their details.

They have 0 feedback and had just joined ebay the same day so I contacted them immediately to let them know.

I didn't get a reponse so I emailed again the next day, nothing again, so I retreived their phone number and send them a friendly text....still no reply.

Thinking they will be wondering where their item is I contacted ebay support chat who after an hour of getting nowhere they told me to ring them or cancel the sale. Rang the buyer twice and their phone has been turned off all this time also.

Ebay said they only have the same incomplete details and phone number as me.

What should I do now, just cancel? I don't want to get a strike against my name, thanks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buy with incomplete address.

Use Paypal Address. It may be more complete.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@trainsforyou_com wrote:

Use Paypal Address. It may be more complete.

there is no choice - the seller must use paypal address.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Yes I would post it .... it's really not your responsibility to chase them up.    Address it exactly as they say, and make sure you have your return address on it.

There's nothing else you can do 🙂

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Yes thats what I will do, thanks to everyone for your help

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

very simple try phoning the post office in that town and ask does this address make sence and bingo

have a nice day

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply