Buyer Claiming Item Faulty and Wants Return

Hello,

I have an issue where a buyer is requesting a refund claiming that the item is faulty, however I feel that the buyer is being completely dishonest, due to the following events that transpired:

Before winning the item, this buyer requested to cancel their bids within the last 2 hours of an auction, and gave me a story about how they could not afford to buy it and made a mistake. I realise that it is against eBay policy for the customer to request this, as it's within 24 hours of the aution ending, and they're contractually obligied to follow through. However, I felt for the customer and cancelled their bids, and let them know I helped them out.

Within the last hour this same buyer bids on the item again! They message me and tell say they are helping me bring the price of item back up where it was, so that I wouldn't lose out. I realise this is shill bidding, but I never asked or wanted it!

Then the buyer bids a couple more times ends up winning the item. On check-out the buyer sends a message along the lines of "I couldn't resist... I'll find the money". Despite the mess around and potenital loss of earnings, due to the confusion it may have caused to others that were bidding, he paid for the item via PayPal, and I accepted that he won the auction and sent the item to him. 

The buyer is now claiming that the item is faulty (it's a wireless guitar transmitter/receiever). I am not convinced that the buyer is being truthful as the item worked before I sent it and was in excellent condition. I feel it's a case of buyers remose, and the customer is making up a story about the item being faulty. What's worse is, if I accept the return, what if they pruposely sabotage the item? 

I told them how I felt, and my point of view, however they want to open a case. Reading other posts, I feel that I am powerless in this scenario. Is there anythign I can do? What's my best course of action?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Buyer Claiming Item Faulty and Wants Return

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply