Buyer asking for a orginal receipt and sending receipt as per buyer request with the parcel.

shres24
Community Member

Hi,
I was wondering if I sent the original receipt to the buyer which I bought at cheaper price and selling at a higher price. The original price is a lot lesser than the selling price and the buyer still wants to buy at the selling price and wants the receipt. What do you think I should think of when a buyer wants to pay the selling price even the price is a lot lesser in the receipt and he knows about the receipt price. If I sent the original receipt with the parcel. Is there an intention of doing something against me by the buyers or maybe the buyer wants to return product to the store and getting money back which is not worth the amount on which the buyer has paid from me. 

What are the chances that he might need the receipt for?? Is it a trap for something else or should I consider it as the buyer wants the receipt just to make sure that the product is genuine and want to claim for warranty in future if something goes wrong?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buyer asking for a orginal receipt and sending receipt as per buyer request with the parcel.

Has the buyer paid yet?

I see no reason for you to disclose your purchase price by providing your receipt, so my answer would be no.

You could print the receipt you have (retain the original) and black out the price paid if he really wants it, original price paid should have no bearing on this transaction

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I think they probably want to be reassured that the item is genuine.

It's none of their business what you paid.

I'd do as suggested and send a copy with the price blacked out.

If that's not enough, then there's no more you can, or should, do.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply