Buyer automatic paypal payment

drdip
Community Member

I listed an item with the option of pick up with cash payment.  The buyer contacted me and said they wanted to make use of this option.  However, the payment had immediately appeared in my paypal account (including the postage charge).  Is this because of some setting that was ticked in my listing (I didnt check the automatic payment box, which I understand still requires the buyer to proactively pay), or is this some unknown setting in myor the buyer's ebay or paypal account.  Would like to get to the bottom of this as this has happened to me a couple of times now.  Thanks for any insights you can give.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I’ve noticed some listings both as a buyer and mine as a seller (buyer emails to say it says immediate payment even though none of my listings are set this way), require immediate payment even if you don’t have it selected.  It is extremely frustrating as a seller when a buyer wishes to pick up. As a buyer it’s a pain when you wish to buy an item and it requires immediate payment even though the listing doesn’t state it.

it was something Ebay brought in awhile ago, but listings don’t state that immediate payment is required. Very annoying! 

You could try and refund the buyer directly through PayPal and then get them to pay cash on pick up.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

On items that may be more suited to local pick up I will offer that as an option when creating the listing and having cash on pick up also available for a buyer to select.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply