Buyer did not return the item after full refund

Buyer claimed the item is faulty and I refunded 100%.

Buyer did not return item and claimed it was already.  Buyer refused to provide postage tracking number or any proof of postage.

eBay already closed my case.

Not sure where to get assistance in this case.

Looks like the seller found a way to get a free item and eBay just let him to get away.

So sad!!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Wouldn't you have the tracking number, since you would have been required to issue a return label to the buyer

If the buyer opened an item not as described case, that is what was required 

Unless the buyer was overseas?

Did you respond to the case, through eBay, within the time limit?

Did the buyer provide any photos of the supposed fault?

What is their feedback left for others like?  (does it suggest they do this kind of thing regularly)

Have you actually  tried contacting eBay and asking for a supervisor 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@mollycindy2001 wrote:

Buyer claimed the item is faulty and I refunded 100%

Looks like the seller found a way to get a free item and eBay just let him to get away

No... looks like the seller (which is you) found a way to gift a free item to the buyer.

Never refund before the item is returned... unless you don't want the item back.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

That's not always the case.  You can approve a return without providing a label.  Items I send are generally in envelopes and would be returned in a tracked envelope purchased by the returner and paid for by me in the event of a genuine issue.

Either way, the onus is on the returning party to send the goods.  A refund is not paid until the items are confirmed returned.  After a period if the item is not returned the return will expire with no expectation of a refund.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

For future reference, never refund until you receive the item back.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply