Buyer didn't pay and now changed mind. How do I relist?

Hi there

Can someone help me with this Item not paid issue?  I'm still new and learning the ropes.

I have an item that was sold buy it now and the person didn't pay for 2 days ago.  I contacted the buyer now and sent the invoice today and asked if they still wanted the item.  The replied imediately with "No I nolonger want it".

I went in to open a item not paid dispute but it doesn't allow me to submit it becase only 2 days have passed.

Whats the fastest process to get the item relisted?  I assume I have to wait out the days or can the buyer and I agree to change of mind and reset the whole thing?

Thank you

Matthew

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yeah sometimes you post something, then stumble on the solution one minute later. 

I found the Cancel order button in the item drop down.  And see I can just cancel the order and note the buyer changed their mind.

Mods feel free to delete this post.  Thank you

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay make you wait EXACTLY four days, so if they 'buy' at 10am today and then refuse to pay,ebay make you wait until 10am or later,4 days later

After the 4 days, open an unpaid item dispute

Ebay then make you wait another 4 days before you can close the case and often after that,re-list the item

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

My buyer (not) has 10 days to respond to my answer on HER canceled order before I can relist......Still waiting ! so frustrating

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

That's why it is often best to open an INR. They also can't leave feedback that way, whereas they can with a cancellation.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

You mean NPB don't you dave haha,don't worry I've started drinking early too.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yes I did. At least I used a 3 letter acronym, so I should get half points for that.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

A non payment dispute is a much quicker process. You will wait the full 10 days now because the buyer won't accept it. Why should they?

Some tips for the future if this happens again. Assuming the buyer has contacted to cancel. If the buyer hasn't paid, wait the 4 days and open a non payment dispute. Tell the buyer that you have opened it to get your fees back. Let them know they don't need to do anything further and to ignore any messages they get from eBay about paying. In 4 days, you will close it and it will all be done. The buyer can't leave any feedback, including negative.

Downsides of a cancellation. Buyers don't accept them so you have to wait the full 10 days. Buyers can click the option to not accept the cancellation, which means you won't get your fees back. The buyer is free to leave whatever feedback they like, including negative. There are buyers who ask to cancel due to change of mind. You comply by sending a cancellation request. Buyer decides to leave negative feedback. Nothing you can do about it.

A non paying dispute, you are in charge. A cancellation, the buyer is in charge.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply