Buyer from a location I don't post to

I have a listing which has the international postage option, but only to select locations. Even so, the buyer for said listing is from Argentina even though I have excluded 'South America' and every country in it from my listing AND ticked the 'block buyers from locations I don't post to' in my seller account options. Am I still obligated to sell to this buyer? They haven't paid yet, so I might be jumping the gun but I don't know how they managed to bid in the first place.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

They shouldn't be able to buy if you have ticked to not post to Sth America.

Up to you and you are well within your rights to cancel the transaction.

Explain to the buyer it appears to be an eBay site glitch as you don't post to Sth America.

Amongst the numismatic clubs, most won't post to any country in Sth America.

Lost items and scammers being the main reasons.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The block isn't for the buyer's location, it's for the primary postage location they have on file. That means if they have a delivery address in a location you do post to, the block won't apply.

They may have changed their address just to get around the block, in which case they won't be able to complete checkout because changing it back will mean no postage quote. Or they may have an address for somewhere you do post to.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

They can have one adress listed in one country, you send the postage quote, then they change the postal address to another country and pay the invoice. It has happened to me twice, but I sent a "cancel this sale"  with a "something wrong with the address" reason.

@digital*ghost wrote:
The block isn't for the buyer's location, it's for the primary postage location they have on file. That means if they have a delivery address in a location you do post to, the block won't apply.

They may have changed their address just to get around the block, in which case they won't be able to complete checkout because changing it back will mean no postage quote. Or they may have an address for somewhere you do post to.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

The address they have is a hotel in Florida. I really don't want to send an item to someone with zero feedback, registered in Argentina and a transient postal address. I never realised they could be registered in a particular country but change their address to a country you do post to. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

as you already know, it sounds incredibly dodgey and i have no doubt that you're being set up if you did go through with it. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@queenwaldorf wrote:

The address they have is a hotel in Florida. I really don't want to send an item to someone with zero feedback, registered in Argentina and a transient postal address. I never realised they could be registered in a particular country but change their address to a country you do post to. 

Good choice, cancel it. All too sus.

image host
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply