Buyer remorse, opens Item Not Received Case

I have a situation I'm not familiar with and Im struggling to find information on.

An international buyer purchased something from me, I posted it and he has opened an Item Not Received case, but has said that he thought it was something else and wants to return it.

So he has received it, decided he does not want it and opened the wrong case.

Normally I wouldn't worry because I have a tracking number and can use that as proof. But this person lives in a very remote island, paid a lot for the shipping and the tracking information says it is still in progress.. Perhaps because it is an island, they have not followed the correct procedures to complete the tracking on their end?

I have contacted ebay, they said to upload the tracking information into the case which i did. But ebay AU cannot handle it because it was  sent to the USA and I have to speak to them during their business hours, which I will do tomorrow.

Has anyone got any experience with this? Buyer remorse opening INR case, combined with tracking information not updating.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

an update:

The tracking information updated today and I spoke to ebay USA today who looked up the details, saw that it appears that the buyer has received it and opened a wrong case. They have closed it in my favour. phew! Always get tracking when posting, fellas!

Who says ebay always sides with the buyers??! =D

If the buyer wants to process a return, i'll help him out using the proper case methods.

Thanks all for the help and assurances.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

If you don't accept returns for change of mind (buyer remorse) follow through with getting the INR case closed in your favour.

They say they opened the wrong case but it's possible they knew exactly what they were doing.

Hopefully the tracking will update to delivered otherwise if you have in messages buyer admitting they received it, point that out to eBay.

(The cheek of it, opening a case without contacting you, that's why they can lay in the bed they made AFAIC)

image host
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

In the INR case, ask the buyer to confirm they have made an error and that they intended to raise a return request instead.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks is guys. I asked him to close the case as item received and open a return case since he's changed his mind.

Fingers crossed
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Just in case you haven't already, check the tracking through USPS. Sometimes APs tracking won't update but the US one will.
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks, this is great info

I have checked and it is the same (being processed) , but also has the location which my local website does not show.

The last update was 10 days ago, but as I mentioned. This is a remote island it's going to and it could be a while.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

an update:

The tracking information updated today and I spoke to ebay USA today who looked up the details, saw that it appears that the buyer has received it and opened a wrong case. They have closed it in my favour. phew! Always get tracking when posting, fellas!

Who says ebay always sides with the buyers??! =D

If the buyer wants to process a return, i'll help him out using the proper case methods.

Thanks all for the help and assurances.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

That's great news

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Goodness! I'm stunned. A win for the seller! At least with the case being closed, the buyer can't open another through eBay. They'll have to go through PayPal.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Well done,and after more than 3 years I'm about to stick it to ebay finally lol and I wasn't going to give up until the day I died lol.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply