Buyer selected "other" payment method and system won't let her pay

I only accept Paypal (bank deposit if they really make a fuss), but I added "other" to my listings to avoid that problem whereby buyers were being made to pay immediately for each item.

Seems it's backfired. One of my buyers selected "other" upon checkout, because she thought that was how you request an invoice (she wants to pay with Paypal). The system says I cannot send her one because she has completed checkout.

I told her that the postage amount shown was correct anyway, and to just pay with Paypal at her convenience, but she says the system won't allow her to.

Anyone had this problem before? Do I really need to cancel the transaction and ask her to re-purchase in order for her to pay with Paypal? Zzzz. I'll call eBay if I have to but I thought I'd save myself some brain cells and ask here first.

(Incidently, is anyone still having the problem where buyers are being made to pay for each item immediately, even when purchasing multiple items?)

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You should be able to send an invoice and that will reset checkout.

And yes, it appears many have been automatically been reverted to Immediate payment.

I have just made a multiple purchase but had to use the cart.

So I put all into the cart and in the cart I have then selected request total.

Will see what happens.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago - I've always offered bank deposit and PayPal, and in the past if someone selected BD but wanted to use PayPal, all I had to do was send a new invoice.

Except, the last time it happened, I tried from each point it's possible and got the same error message as you (sometimes, if you get an error from trying to do something from one link, it will work from a different link; eg if all selling doesn't work I'll try it from selling manager.

Occasionally I've told people I'd just send them a direct PayPal invoice when a purchase has been made but the checkout wasn't functioning correctly, but I'm a bit wary of doing that now (even though there shouldn't be a problem, I'm not overly confident that eBay's bots won't take an issue automatically with particular phrases), so in the end I had to cancel the order and they re-purchased.

Yet another one of eBay's neat-o "improvements". -_-

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

In the past I have had buyers who purchased several items and have asked for a combined invoice, with no problems. But just today, I had a buyer who wished to purchase 3 items and was being asked to pay for each one separately. I suggested she try adding them to the cart, as I have read that this has worked for others. It didn't work. So what has changed? I have PP and bank deposit as acceptable payment methods.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply