Buyer unhappy with colour, even though there were photos and sent email trying to be specific. Help

I listed a bag that to me looked white, and put up photos. A buyer asked me more specifically how white. This was my answer

“The bag could do with a leather clean all over, although it is not a bright white leather, but more an off white leather. No obvious scratches that I can see. Size 350mm wide by 300mm deep. Weight 500grams. Thanks.

The bag is a creamy white - but more grey than yellow. That is the best way I can describe it. Hope that helps.” 

This is is their reply on receiving the bag:

Goodness morning. I am writing to let you know the CR bag arrived yesterday. I have to say that your listing description as "white" in no way represents the true colour. No one would consider it white or even off white, or even grey white as you clarified to me, it is definitely more accurately described as stone or dark Ivory, neither of which are suitable for my wardrobe, and I feel I have been misled in my purchase. regards
Cristina

What can I do? I tried to be specific I think. Help.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Buyer unhappy with colour, even though there were photos and sent email trying to be specific. Help

If it's the Country Road bag, looks off white to me.

Suggestion - 

Dear buyer,

I tried to be as accurate as possible and these things are obviously subjective.

If you would like to return the item I shall provide a full refund or if you prefer a partial refund so you can gift the item, let me know.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

image host
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

I'd also suggest she checks her computer monitor settings as colours differ between computers & that mobile devices are notorious for incorrect displaying of colours. You have tried every which way to describe "white" - creamy grey & etc (as you wrote) One takes a chance when online purchasing. Your buyer needs to accept that!

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

The "tongue firmly in cheek" reply you would like to write but cannot.. I'm sorry your wardrobe is not suitable for the lovely bag you purchased from me! ... Perhaps you should revamp your entire wardrobe to revolve around your useage of the bag?

You did ask many questions prior to your  purchase; So I feel the onus is on you to confirm exactly what you are buying.

White; Stark White; Off White; Cream; Creamy Ivory; Dark Ivory; Yellowed Ivory; Antique Ivory; Antique White; Wicker White; Stone; Charcoal; Grey; Slate; Stone; Pewter; Slate Grey & etc are all tones of much the same colour! No matter how it's colour is described it's still a bag! & that is what you recieved! 

(No... I'd never write this either); But it made me feel good to do so! (I've had a bad day!)

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

You're terrible muriel. Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

image host
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

There are some people you just want to jump through the screen and bash their head into a brick wall. Reminds me of a work colleague who was red lining while their house was being built because all the architraves, the colour was one shade out from what they thought it was going to be. Most people would not notice one shade, but they basically wanted their whole house bulldozed and rebuilt over 1 shade. They said unless it was fixed, there was no way they could ever live in the home because they had agonised over the colours and they had to be spot on. Really? Dulux has over 4500 colours and they are wigging out about 1 shade difference? 

As it turned out the colour was correct as ordered, but it was a Dulux colour in Taubman's paint, which affected the colour ever so slightly (they say on the colours that can happen). In a nutshell, the painters told them to get stuffed and live with it. They had done what they were paid for.

It surprises me how a slight difference in colour can mean the end of the world for some people. One has to wonder whether the OP's buyer has used the bag for an event and now no longer needs it, so is using the colour thing as an excuse to send it back for a refund. I'd be telling them to go jump.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

I can feel a Procol Harum song coming on ..........................................................

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

lmmaus
Community Member
They can and most likely will get refunded if they open inad dispute. Happened to me and eBay refunded them but didn't take the money from me.
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

@lmmaus wrote:
They can and most likely will get refunded if they open inad dispute. Happened to me and eBay refunded them but didn't take the money from me.

Which is exactly how it is meant to work.

A slight difference in colour is not regarded as significantly not as described and as a seller you should never have to refund for that reason unless your listing is set to accept change of mind returns. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply