Buyer wants refund

I recently sold a few items to be picked up.  Buyer told me they paid through ebay and I told them to cancel the payment and pay with cash when they pick the items up.  All went smoothly until they are now claiming I have their electronic payment plus their cash payment.  They say they didn't pay using paypal but they would 've had to as I didn't give them my banking details.  I have no record of their payment in my paypal or my bank account.  How can I prove I am not double dipping?  BTW this is all over $5.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer wants refund

No point "requesting a refund" on this thread.

Read the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-pol...

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Other members are not going to give you a refund

Posting on the member to member forum is not requesting a refund

You open and follow through with an item not received dispute, within the time limit 

You are the only one who can do so

What was the estimated delivery date?

A good time to read the buying basics, since you have been on eBay since 2007 and think posting on the forum (off topic at that) will get a refund 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Why are you posting on a thread about selling then?

Use the tools eBay provide.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Other members are not going to give you a refund

Posting on the member to member forum is not requesting a refund

You open and follow through with an item not received dispute, within the time limit 

You are the only one who can do so

What was the estimated delivery date?

A good time to read the buying basics, since you have been on eBay since 2007 and think posting on the forum (off topic at that) will get a refund 

I thought the same.I can sort of understand how people totally new to ebay can get confused but mtgrwr has been on ebay now for almost 2 decades (as buyer & seller) and has a feedback score in the high 600s.

I am not one for telling people they should read every term & condition before using ebay, but when something goes wrong, such as an item not arriving, that's the perfect time to go to the help pages to see what can be done about it.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Or start a topic of your own to ask members to point you in the right direction 

This issue  not 'selling' which the original topic is posted under ,and the topic has been marked as solved 

But yes, unsure how a very experience member believes this is the correct way to open a dispute

Even if they personally have never had to open one 

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply