Buyer wants to cancel - Item posted

On my selling account I have just received a message from my buyer to say their computer was hacked and they did not purchase the item in question & that when it arrives they will be returning it.

I posted the item earlier today & marked it as sent after I arrived home. It's a large letter, so no tracking!!

What's my best option here, obviously I can't cancel as it's been posted.

I haven't replied to my buyer yet!!

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I'm not sure how to insert a quote by another poster on here, please let me know how to do that correctly.  Many thanks.

to quote another poster just click this button after hitting reply (see pic below).

Lately, as in last 24hrs, the poster’s name has not been appearing before the word “wrote” in the quote. I have been typing that in when I quote a post.

23058013-4A4D-44CD-88DB-7FC6E9815887.jpeg

Edit: me too too slow too

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Many thanks.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

How did I miss that button? I'll blame my glasses, yes, that must be it, or maybe "old timer's disease"

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

How did I miss that button? I'll blame my glasses, yes, that must be it, or maybe "old timer's disease"

shoulda gone to specsavers 

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

wrote:

So are they saying it wasn't delivered, despite it being marked as delivered? Still delivered to the account holder? Maybe I'm not getting it, how can a buyer (who claims they didn't buy because their account is hacked) but received the item, be making complaints against the Seller? Hackers usually clear out your bank account, not buy items for you. Or am I totally missing something here, please enlighten me.

The buyer said nothing about whether or not the item was delivered. She sent me an ebay message 10 minutes after AP has delivered the parcel saying that her account was hacked and telling me not to send the parcel. Then I advised her to go to the police. She opened a PP case right after with the reason "Other". I can't see what she said to PP. I rang PP and they seem to confirm that she is claiming hacking. PP said I should be ok as far as Seller Protection is concerned, but the case is still under review, so we'll see.

As I see it, I should be ok, but the item had Free Shipping, and as there is no doubt in my opinion that she has the item, I don't want PP to get her to send the item back and I end up footing the original postage and possibly a red dot which I may or may not get ebay to remove.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

@*sparklz*wrote:

Follow the prompts to call ebay and ask them to read the messages between you so they can see what they have said.

I doubt they will put in an item not received dispute after claiming the account was hacked as all ready stated a hacker would want the item sent to them not the address of the account holder or why purchase it.

They may well wait and see if it has tracking on arrival and say it never arrived to return it.

But as they have in writing of being hacked report their account and make sure ebay read the messages so if they do try an INR you can call ebay and go from there.

Called ebay today & the CS person said my buyer hasn't reported any suspicious activity on their account, so it's looking more likely they have just changed their mind or indeed their cat ordered the item!!

CS also said if the buyer does try to open an INR case to call & they will reject the claim.

Now let's wait & see what happens.....

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Good news all over then.

PayPal has also resolved my case. I received a PP email saying that they have released the hold on my money and when I logged into PP I saw 3 entries:

- Reversal to xxxxx -$100.50

- Fee reversal from PayPal $2.91

- Bonus from PayPal $97.59

It seems like PP took the hit and refunded the buyer and let me keep the money. I am really surprised as the buyer's email address is the same for both her ebay and PP accounts. She would have received an email from both ebay and PP when the item was purchased, an email from ebay when the item was clicked as sent, an email from Australia Post when the shipping label was created, and another email from AP when the item was being delivered.

How many emails and warnings does it take before someone has the responsibility to take actions? Especially when all those emails are consistent. I know there are plenty of spoof emails from ebay and PP, but I have never seen spoof emails from AP.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply