Buyer won auction and now saying let you know if he/she interested.

adasnel
Community Member

So buyer won auction for my computer against another person, wins it then messages me asking if it can run a game , then messages me I will let you know if still interested why couldn't he ask me this before hand feel like I'm getting trolled, what will happen if he decides not to pay ?

It's so easy to look at the specs I listed and look yourself if runs, so frustrated and angry 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

If they havent paid by 4 days and 1 second,  open an item not paid case,   sale will be cancelled and buyer will get a strike, and you can send a second chance offer to the other interested party or relist.

Sadly there are some buyers who are inconsiderate.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

And to add, if I were you, I'd add this 'buyer' to my blocked list

Also, keep in mind, even if they do pay, they could still be a potential trouble maker after the fact re open some kind of dispute

They do sound like a time wasting trouble maker, so anything is possible 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I wouldn't want to sell to this person, I think they could be trouble down the track. Plus they have no regard for the auction process or the fact they have committed to buy. Very annoying.

But mark my words, if they do go ahead & buy, there is a possibility they haven't read all the specs and you'll be in trouble with them opening a claim that it isn't as described or is faulty.

I agree with sugar on this. 4 days and 1 second, open an ebay case for unpaid item, make a second chance offer to whoever else was next in bidding, although be prepared for them to have cooled off or bought elsewhere. You can always relist anyway.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I would add one more comment to my suggestion.  Don't engage with them to hassle for the funds,  just let it drift to the 4days, and hope they dont pay.

As springy and sandy suggest they are trouble,  you don't want their money.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Yep I was hoping he/she wouldn't pay,I didn't hassle as I didn't want them to buy it  messaged me few mins ago saying don't worry about it have a good one. After  I explained it would run the game but your more after a better PC so happy didn't buy 

Should I still report and mark as unpaid

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Yes - 4 days 1 second.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Yes

Otherwise eBay consider it 'sold' and will charge you fees on the (non) sale

And then block the twit

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

jvdv
Community Member

This happens and more often than not you're better letting the sale pass, in fact if you're concerned that the buyer may cause a problem down the track you may be able to just cancel the transaction before he pays, block that bidder and then relist it at a later date.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply