Buyer won't leave feedback or even respond to my messages

I have done the right thing by this buyer and contacted them to ask if all is okay and asked them to let me know if there is any problems but they just don't respond it obvious that they have been on eBay as they have listed things for sale. Does anyone have any advice or similar situations, I really think its bad form and spoils the eBay selling experience.
Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

I have done the right thing by this buyer and contacted them to ask if all is okay and asked them to let me know if there is any problems but they just don't respond it obvious that they have been on eBay as they have listed things for sale. Does anyone have any advice or similar situations, I really think its bad form and spoils the eBay selling experience.

This what happens to people who become obsessed with receiving feedback.

When a customer doesn't say thank you to a checkout operator I doubt they are devastated.

TCT
Message 31 of 56
Latest reply

pattypayne
Community Member

Sigh. The patronising know it alls on these boards are a bigger pain to me than buyers who don't leave feedback.

Message 32 of 56
Latest reply

I am tired of people who complain about not receiving feedback - it's voluntary. GET OVER IT.

TCT
Message 33 of 56
Latest reply

One thing that sellers do not take into account, is that even once an item is received. It may not be in the best interest of the buyer to leave feedback straight away.

Depending on what you buy, sometimes it is prudent to wait a few weeks before leaving feedback.

What would happen if you brought a dress and left feedback straight away because you were initially happy with the dress when it turns up. You wear it and after the first wash it falls to pieces. Would you be thrilled you had already left glowing feedback for the seller ? Or if you brought an electrical item only to have it break or go on the fritz a week or two later etc etc etc

So sometimes it is best for a buyer to wait a while before they leave feedback , to see if the item lives up to the sellers claims and their expectations.

Message 34 of 56
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Sigh. The patronising know it alls on these boards are a bigger pain to me than buyers who don't leave feedback.

If you do not like the boards you are not compelled to come here...that is voluntary too, you know.

And where else are posters going to get the information that the "know it alls" provide?

Message 35 of 56
Latest reply

One person's patronising is another person's telling it like it is.

it's all in the paradigm.

Message 36 of 56
Latest reply

Sometimes I think you are better off not getting it especially if they sell the same sort of thing you do there are a few sellers who when they buy get great joy out of leaving other sellers negs or neutrals one of which has made a comment to your post .They want 100% f/b but dont like giving it I think they like some sellers to look bad .

Message 37 of 56
Latest reply

Is this why you can relate to this thread ?

" ALL GOES WELL UNYET YOU DONT LEAVE FEEDBACK "

TCT
Message 38 of 56
Latest reply

i dont expect feedback from buyers if i get it its nice but its not a  big  deal

Message 39 of 56
Latest reply

On my main selling id I don't notice if I get feedback, I have it set to respond automatically respond when it is received so i have no need to even look.

I am here to buy and sell, not to get pretty coloured dots next to my id ๐Ÿ˜‰

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 40 of 56
Latest reply