Buyer won’t pay and has threaten to leave negative feedback if I don’t cancel the order

A buyer agreed on a buy it now price but has had buyers remorse and won’t pay. I’m waiting for you ebay to file an automatic unpaid disbute but now the buyer is threatening to leave negative feedback if I don’t cancel the order. I want the buyer to have an unpaid strike on their account as they have been nothing but nasty from day 1. What are my options?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Buyer won’t pay and has threaten to leave negative feedback if I don’t cancel the order

@rubysfriends wrote:
The buyer won the item in a “buy it now” on March 26th. It’s been over a week and I have the unpaid item to automatically file on my account. How can I check how many days until it is automatically filed on my account?

If it has been a week and the Unpaid Item Assistant has not automatically opened the dispute you should have done it manually.

It should have been opened after 4 days and automatically closed 4 days later.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Re: Buyer won’t pay and has threaten to leave negative feedback if I don’t cancel the order

@annieoakley2000 wrote:

It used to be three (unpaid item) strikes and you're out !

Not sure what it is nowadays, but cancelling their purchase is only giving them the opportunity to do it again and again and again and don't get a strike for anything .......

2 strikes or more means a buyer cannot bid or buy from sellers with blocks set.

More importantly, doing the unpaid means buyer cannot leave a neg, that is a good reason not to do a cancellation.

Especially if the buyer is agro.

image host
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Yet another one.Angry head bang.gif

2 months since last reply..JPG

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Honestly I always just cancel and move on and don't give it another thought. Giving someone a strike will not make any difference to their account and the best thing to learn reading the boards is some buyers can be nasty and your best option is to stop comunication as soon as possible. 

I think you should give it another thought.

Reason I say this... You are right it makes little/no difference to the account of that particular buyer if they are issued a strike.

Ebay never had any such thing as a "3-strikes and you are out" rule that I've ever known of. They just let them go on.

The difference it does make is to other fellow sellers. These are the sellers (like us) who have their auto-blocks in place to block buyers who have two or more strikes in a 12-month period. The serial non-payers.

Doing this knocks out the serial non-payers and I will be thankful to all the other sellers who have raised/closed non payment disputes so my blocks can catch these annoying buyers.

If you simply cancel the order then they record no strikes on their account and they can still buy from me.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay is just selling to blah,

I've sort of given up, applied for the carers pension instead of being self funded.

every 3rd sale gets a cancellation request, likely as they found someone

else desperately underctutting dodging taxs etc selling at a loss etc etc.

so they cancel the sale, even after paying and blah.

U get threats like dont even send it as I will just return to sender.

Causes sooo many headaches and u get negs from it too as the

buyer ends up unhappy if they are able to leave feedback and

the money doesnt auto return to them immediately.

I am not a bank. To deposit and withdraw lol.

Even ties up your stock,unable to sell and u miss sales n then possibly as unsure of the process timeline,

if u cancel and they take their sweet 10 days to confirm, n what if they dont confirm

and rechange their minds to demand the item be sent and then it

is over its delivery times and u may have sold it to someone else elsewhere.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Just have your items as Immediate Payment Required.....it will solve all your problems of non payment.

It will make them think twice before buying.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply