Buyers say they can't pay as I don't ship to their address

Once or twice a week I get an email from a buyer stating that after purchase when they try to pay they get a message that states "Seller does not ship to their address".

I don't know why this is occurring as they are in Australia and I sell to all Australian States.

Normally I just suggest to the buyer that if they are using an ipad, iphone or android this could be the problem and try paying by going through their browser. This seems to resolve the problem, but within the last day I have had two more who seem to think it is my issue and now want to cancel the sale. I really do not want to cancel the sale as this would then allow them to leave feedback and I am sure create defects for me.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, is there something more I can be doing to resolve this.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Buyers say they can't pay as I don't ship to their address

My Ebay>Account>>Site Preferences>Buyer requirements>Buyer requirement activity log. It should show each time this has happened. For address blocking it should allow manual override.

Used to randomly happen a lot to me.

Make sure you dont have Oceania tick as a location you dont ship to either

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

I think its a bigger problem when you list worldwide and then use exceptions, rather than just opt for ship to Australia.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

This happens to me quite often as well.  It is an ebay glitch (of which they have been made aware) and nothing to do with what settings you have and seems to happen randomly.

It seems to happen when customers try to pay using a mobile device.  I all cases I have had to apologise to the customer and have told them they need to pay using a PC which has rectified the problem.

A few weeks ago I lost two sales because of this.  One customer in particular was furious and even though she knew it was an ebay problem she was so rude and nasty in her emails to me and said she doesn't want it and was not going to jump on a computer to pay.  I told her fair enough but I needed to get my fees back from ebay so I would send her a "cancellation"  which she could just ignore.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for your replies.

I think you could be right about this, I have changed my business policies to Australia and custom locations. Lets see if that changes anything.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Yes it does seem to be isolated to those using a mobile device, but not all just some. I did read somewhere else that if the app has not been updated then this can also cause this problem. 

I have real concerns about just cancelling the sale as this does allow buyers to still leave feedback. As in my case I have one very unhappy buyer who thinks that I am blocking them from paying. So just cancelling the sale will probably result in a defect.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

This happens to me a few times a week, pretty much every single time someone buys the last item I have available in a multi-quantity listing. I have no idea if they're using apps or browsers, but I have a single flat rate for postage (Australia-wide) and no exclusions. 

Issuing a new invoice has (so far) always fixed it (you'll find that option in the dropdown menu next to the order, under 'more actions'). 

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

I have received a reply from Customer Service, as shown below, which they state is a problem with the last item of a multiple listing. But in my case the item was a one off and not a multiple listing. But it does confirm that this is isolated to those using the app.

Hello Lee,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your buyer having issues in paying your item.

I understand your concern about this matter. We received some contacts with regard to this issue and we have escalated this to our Technical Team. We received an update from them that this may usually happens to buyers who are trying to pay for your item through eBay app. This issue occurs for the last item or stock for multiple quantity listing, but we haven't received any update from them if this is already fixed.

I've thoroughly checked on your account and I am unable to see any issues and I can confirm that you have set up your postage preferences correctly. I suggest that you let your buyer pay for your item at a later time or pay using a computer. I assure you that there will be no problems at all. I've also added you to one of the affected members so they will be able to look into this further.

Should there be anything else that we can help, please let us know. Thanks for choosing eBay. Take care!

Warm regards,

Ryan B.
eBay Australia Customer Service

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

I didn't actually "cancel" the sale, I just told her that I was.  I opened a dispute for non payment - even though it was not her fault she couldn't pay.  She was just that rude and nasty, I didn't care and she now has a strike against her.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

. I suggest that you let your buyer pay for your item at a later time or pay using a computer.

The buyer should still be able to pay on their mobile device if they scroll down to the bottom and change to classic site or open ebay up through their browser rather than using the app.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply