Buyers say they can't pay as I don't ship to their address

Once or twice a week I get an email from a buyer stating that after purchase when they try to pay they get a message that states "Seller does not ship to their address".

I don't know why this is occurring as they are in Australia and I sell to all Australian States.

Normally I just suggest to the buyer that if they are using an ipad, iphone or android this could be the problem and try paying by going through their browser. This seems to resolve the problem, but within the last day I have had two more who seem to think it is my issue and now want to cancel the sale. I really do not want to cancel the sale as this would then allow them to leave feedback and I am sure create defects for me.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, is there something more I can be doing to resolve this.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Buyers say they can't pay as I don't ship to their address

Id send a invoice like Digi said, i think the app cant handle your shipping dicounts, it changes to much for multiple items
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Pj, the only way you can access classic site on the app is if the seller sends an invoice, or they use postage calculator and ebay sends an invoice.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:

Pj, the only way you can access classic site on the app is if the seller sends an invoice, or they use postage calculator and ebay sends an invoice.

Or you can simply access it from the mobile site or, shock, horror, go directly to the eBay internet site. The app is effectively useless, so any fair dinkum buyer would realise that.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I suggested all this to the buyer, but their response was to "Please Cancel the Sale". I have sent an invoice, I have emailed and explained the problem with the app, I have suggested they use their browser. Still the response is to "Please Cancel Sale".

Not cancelling, will go through UID after four days.

This problem seems to have been around for a while, why has ebay not fixed it.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I must be a fair dinkum buyer, because i use the app for 99.9% of buying...

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@wantit_haveit_now wrote:

I suggested all this to the buyer, but their response was to "Please Cancel the Sale". I have sent an invoice, I have emailed and explained the problem with the app, I have suggested they use their browser. Still the response is to "Please Cancel Sale".

Not cancelling, will go through UID after four days.

This problem seems to have been around for a while, why has ebay not fixed it.

It especially sucks when a buyer says they ordered from someone else because of it.

Maybe entirely new listings might fix it. I think it is more a problem with the data rather than the app. I have had the "not being able to pay" a few times now (with last one of multi quantity listing), it all started with the blocking of actual sales for "location I don't post to" about 12 months ago.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

We get this problem a few times a week too. As has been said if you send the customer an invoice asking them to pay it usually works.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

I have had this problem many time over the last few weeks, and sending the invoice works. But today I can't send any invoices because eBay says I am not the seller .

Warning
The following critical errors have occurred:
You are not the seller. Only the seller may update checkout details.
Note: If you only know the eBay member's email address, you must first look up eBay member's User ID.
Frustrating
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Do you have more than one account and possibly logged into the other account? If you only have one account, try logging out and logging back in again. Clear cookies and cache. Reboot computer. If none of that works, ring ebay.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply