Buyers with 2 addresses listed ?

Hey everyone,

I seem to be getting this alot lately.

Buyers having a street address and a PO box listed on there account. (same on paypal account)

The postman is only going to have one go at it, not go to the next address if not known at the address.

Now this wouldnt otherwise bother me however im getting a number of them returned to sender, then the buyer complains they havnt received, I explain the situation, then they expect me to pay for another stamp and resend it.

I started sending a paypal payment requests for the price of another stamp to cover my cost. From a buyers perspective, im sure sounds petty, but I think all sellers will agree the high postage costs can eat in to your profits.

Also the time i takes to explain the situation going back and forth with emails and requests to solve the issue, sometimes I think its just easyer to ware the cost.

What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Wazz

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Buyers with 2 addresses listed ?

Only send to the PO box address that is the safest.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

You are only covered by seller protection to send to the PayPal address that comes with the invoice after payment.

Are you getting 2 addresses on that? I'm not being sarcastic,I've just never seen it on an invoice is all.

If a buyer wants an item to an address that is different to the one on the invoice,ask them to change the address with PayPal to cover yourself from INR.Ask the buyer before posting which address.I'd probably guess it's the P.O address as the safest bet.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I had a buyer have both as their eBay and PayPal address. It looked like:
John Smith

123 Name Street

PO Box 123

City Name 1234

So, that's how I addressed it. That was a few weeks ago and I haven't heard whether it arrived or not, so am assuming it did.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

yes thats how they are listed, and they seem to be the ones being returned.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I just checked my sold listings and mine did arrive......the one with the street address and PO box. He left feedback saying they were lovely, so I'm assuming that meant they arrived!

Seems strange that yours are getting sent back, yet the one I sent the same, arrived.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I get the occasional one of these.

never had a non-delivery, so I assume the local PO knows what's going on?

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I sometimes get one address in ebay and another completely different address on paypal. I then email the buyer to ask which address they want it sent to. A bit annoying but better to send to the right one.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

I sometimes get one address in ebay and another completely different address on paypal. I then email the buyer to ask which address they want it sent to. A bit annoying but better to send to the right one.

For seller protection, you should post it to the address they have for PayPal if it's different to their eBay address.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for that, i will do that from now on.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply