Buying and reselling

Hi All, 

I am pretty new to eBay but I just wanted to see what the guidelines, etiquette or policies are around the following issue. I have a tv series on dvd I want to sell but I’m missing one season to complete the entire collection. Can I buy that one on eBay from another buyer and the sell it on my store? 
thank you for the help

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buying and reselling

Yes of course you can do that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Buying and reselling

@lucacdar,

Once you buy an item, it’s yours. You can keep it, sell it, use it as a frisbee, whatever you desire.

Yes, you can buy something on eBay and subsequently sell it on eBay.

You may wish to set up a separate account for buying and keep this one for selling, or vice versa.

But - and this is a HUGE but - you should read the eBay Help pages on “new sellers”, about registering for Managed Payments, and about the 21 day holds on payments for new sellers, and read through this Selling section of the Discussion board to be acquainted with the most obvious problems that you may experience.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Buying and reselling

Definitely. Sometimes I even see items in my feed, and a couple of weeks later I see them again - sold by another seller. 

Many cheap items are bought from Chinese sellers and resold here - still cheap, but obviously not as cheap as from China.

That's actually how commerce works.

What you are not allowed to do is use the same images I think. Take new photos once you get the item.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply