Bye Ebay

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been selling on ebay for over 11 years. Always had a good seller rating and we are the world's largest producer of speed skates, so we are not a small company. We use ebay to sell off excess skates. Last year, we had shipping issues that were caused by Aust post late deliveries during covid. Ebay banned us from selling. I contacted ebay and said that I have had a great seller score for 11 years, can you help us to fix this problem. The customer service said 'do you expect me to contact senior management for every problem that occurs? They then went on to tell me that we are not welcome to sell on ebay but we are welcome to continue to purchase on ebay. No thanks. By Ebay, we are moving on to Amazon. I know why ebay is dying, it is because of poor customer service and a lack of respect for their sellers. 

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Bye Ebay

Cya.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Bye Ebay

Sorry to hear this, but I have a couple of thoughts.

1) Don't know what your handling time is, but I moved mine up to 15 days to give me a massive buffer in case of delays. I didn't have a single item that ended up being late. You must have had a large number of those to increase your defect rate and put your account at risk. Ebay cannot help you if you over-promised and under delivered in a pandemic.

2) Ebay customer service is atrocious, but Amazons is just as bad if not worse. Before you jump on board there, I highly suggest you spend several days reading the forums which have some excruciating stories that make Ebay seem like a kids lullaby in comparison. 

3) Amazon can and will shut you down and withhold payments at a whim, with no help or explanation given. You have to be super focussed on your metrics and be prepared to shell out higher fees in general.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Bye Ebay

Ebay only takes BS from really big fish.   Ciao

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Bye Ebay

Always love it when someone has to announce their departure, and also mention they are moving to Amazon. Like ebay would care. Reality is, they don't. No skin of their nose.

As for ebay dying, I'd love to see the proof of that. No one ever seems to be able to show proof that ebay is dying, or sellers are leaving in droves. Funny that.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Bye Ebay

Don't forget to send eBay a postcard

They will have no idea you have gone away otherwise 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Bye Ebay

I'm a bit puzzled, wondering why you started this post now.

I may be missing something but when you said you had had some problems with late deliveries etc I went to look at your feedback. From what I can make out, most of your feedback as a seller was very good but it appears you may have stopped selling over 12 months ago. So why the post only now?

On the other hand, you have made a handful of purchases since then as you have more recent feedback as a buyer.

I'd be a bit peeved too if I had been selling for years with a good record then I was banned, but I am not privy to exactly why ebay has done that. In your shoes, I'd probably not feel like giving ebay too much of my custom either, if I felt they had treated me unfairly. Luckily, there are plenty of other online sites to buy from these days. Not so many to sell from but if your company is the world's largest producer of online skates, then it could probably do with having its own sales webpage.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Bye Ebay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay said the same thing, we should have changed our shipping time. That's a fair point, we didn't. However, they gave us no chance to resolve the situation. We are banned, and they told us in no uncertain terms to never come back. 

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Bye Ebay

Anonymous
Not applicable

This message is more of a post to others going through the same situation rather than a message to Ebay because we all know they do not care. 

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Bye Ebay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, this occurred a year ago. I can't remember how I stumbled on this forum yesterday but it just jogged my bitter ebay memory so I felt like sharing. In the past year, we started selling on Amazon and while they are difficult to work with, our sales are extremely good. 

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply