Can I cancel early and relist on todays free offer for unpaid item?

Hi, sold an item 3 days ago, and seller has not replied to the invoice or polite message of when they will pay please. If i wait and they do not pay and I relist it later, I will get ebay fees of course. But today is the free listings and free fees offer. As it is an item given to me to sell and the money is to be given to a charity I would like to relist it today, How can I cancel it please without ebay giving me a poor rating. I had no fees as was listed initially on a free listing offer in the first place. And yes the buyer will go on my naughty list 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The only way to cancel without going through an unpaid item case (and not incur a penalty) would be to cancel citing a "problem with buyers address".

The only problem here is that the buyer may decide to pay or object to the cancellation.

They may even repurchase the relisted item and then have a whinge in feedback.

I'm also unsure how eBay would proceed with the cancellation given the buyer has not paid yet.

You are running a bit of a risk so are you sure it's worth it?

Quite a few buyers respond to the opening of an UPI case by paying up, but even if they don't it's only another 4 days till you can cancel without penalty and no danger of adverse feedback.

Surely the relisting fee is not that high?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

According to the rules: after 4 days, you can lodge an unpaid item claim....then buyer has 4 days to either pay or not, If not, then you can re-list after 4 days, and buyer will get a 'strike'

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=2&pos=1&q...

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

But that will be tomorrow and free offer will be finished. Any better rule please? 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

As far as I am aware, that is the only rule ebay has on non payers (unfortunately) 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The only way to cancel without going through an unpaid item case (and not incur a penalty) would be to cancel citing a "problem with buyers address".

The only problem here is that the buyer may decide to pay or object to the cancellation.

They may even repurchase the relisted item and then have a whinge in feedback.

I'm also unsure how eBay would proceed with the cancellation given the buyer has not paid yet.

You are running a bit of a risk so are you sure it's worth it?

Quite a few buyers respond to the opening of an UPI case by paying up, but even if they don't it's only another 4 days till you can cancel without penalty and no danger of adverse feedback.

Surely the relisting fee is not that high?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You are right, it is not worth it. It isn't even my money, but if I could help someone out I would. Just a shame really. Thanks for your help    

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply