Can I sell a digital download on eBay.com.au

Apparently available if based in US, but not Australia - this is clearly discriminatory on Australians, and any others trying to make a small living selling digital goods in countries not on the approved list.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can I sell a digital download on eBay.com.au

in every country that ebay operates, that site has its own rules.

as you have discovered one of ebay Australia's rules is no digital downloads.

there are many many differences in what can be sold, how its sold, how its paid for how its delivered and what protections are offered, just use the site you need to for your item and abide by that site's rules or use the site you're most comfortable with and abide by their rules

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I sell 2 listings with digital content, I just burn it to a CD/DVD and sell that. It is safe, quick and easy and the buyer has a back up if something goes wrong. And for the little extra postage just $1.20 for a CD (if you are in Australia), not a problem. Also it is a little easier to (percieve) to protect copywright when you sell them a physical CD.

Good luck with your selling!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for that. I used to puy and download miniature books (for "DOLLS") fro Etsy. They never said that I could only download a few times. I dont know how to save to a drive, as I only have a small lap top. I had to keep re-purchasing the items. I got upset about this. their instuctions were AO complex that I got frustrated, pressed then angry, and I was banned from every purchasing from ETSY again. Maybe buying a cd would be a lot simmpler. Do you have any sugggestions as to who would be able to do this(sell things such CDs of as digital downloads of miniature books, which I can then print off). I have a learning disaibility which is why I cant follow instructions. 

have a good day, Alison K

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

First thing I would do is not reply to an 8 year old thread, the world has moved a long way in that time

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply