Can you create a discount coupon code?

Hey guys, I hope you're having a great week.

I would like to encourage repeat business by including discount coupons with every sale, is it possible? For example, is it possible for a customer to enter a code number I've created to get 5% off on their next purchase? If so, could someone link me to more info? or explain it in plain English?

Thanks very much, and thanks to all the members who have given me advice on other threads I've posted, it's greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, David.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Pretty much yes, it's just a matter of using the codeless voucher option in eBay to create a promotion, and then getting the link (or URL) to the buyers you'd like to give it to. The codeless voucher discount promotion isn't shown to normal buyers browsing your listings etc, and people have to click through or enter the URL to activate it (but once they have or know the URL, they can access it so anyone can share with someone else and you may get the odd purchase using the discount from a first-time buyer rather than a repeat buyer). 

You can email details of the promotion and link to subscribers of your store (they may not necessarily be buyers, though, and in most cases they're only a very small percentage of buyers from any given store), use some form of bulk email system, being careful of spam laws of course (some eBay emails can be edited, but a lot of those are deleted without being read), or include a printed coupon with details / instructions in with packages.

Edited to add: just in case you haven't used it before, to access promotions manager, go to Account > Manage My Store, and youll find the promotions manager on the page there. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks digi, is it possible to give customers a code number instead of a URL? For example, DISCOUNT5, and print them up and slip them in the envelope of products I ship out?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Unfortunately no - that's what I was hoping for as well when the promotions manager was introduced, but this one seems more designed for online advertising / clickbait ๐Ÿ˜„ (eg via a third party site like Groupon), where people can just click a link and it activates the promotion). 

So if you were going to include a printed insert, you'd have to have the full URL eBay generates printed on it, and then instruct people to enter that into the address bar on their browser. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Bugger, oh well, thanks for your help, its appreciated

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You can encode the URL into a QR code to make it easy for mobile users... There are free online tools for this. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply