Seller Dashboard Levels ..... what am I missing here?

Just had a look at my Seller Dashboard.

both percentages are in the Top Rated margin. Current Seller Level "Above Standard". "If we evaluated you today... "Above Standard" how the hell is this accurate when both percentages are in the Top Rated section. 

Also shows Under Returns

Seller Performance - Top of Page states Return Rate 1.02% then under that
Under Clothing, Shoes & Accessories 1 of 76 1.32%

Yet if I download report for last 18 mths I have no returns so how the hell can this be accurate, given the rates are shown for the last 12 months

i have had no disputes raised against me

Am I missing something here or just reading the %s incorrectly?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Just looking at our seler dashboards too...

I see our return rate is suddenly 0.05%.

Says one return out of 1,827 but we have never had a return case and if I filter back for the past 18-months on returns there are none showing as there have been none.

So I don't know what they are up to. Looks like false defects to me.

On our other store the return rate is 0% as it should be.

Possibly a phone call to them in your case to have it corrected but in our case it is not affecting our ratings so probably will not bother until/if it does.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The return rate does not present as a defect......YET.  It is there for information only, so perhaps they don't consider it necessary for it to be accurate, lol.  Also, I have noticed return requests are not included as Cases, unless they are unresolved.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

You need to be a powerseller to be a top rated seller. 100 items and $US1000 in the last 12 months.

Otherwise the best you can get is above standard

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@justkidzbiz wrote:

Just had a look at my Seller Dashboard.

both percentages are in the Top Rated margin. Current Seller Level "Above Standard". "If we evaluated you today... "Above Standard" how the hell is this accurate when both percentages are in the Top Rated section. 

Also shows Under Returns

Under Clothing, Shoes & Accessories 1 of 76 1.32%

Yet if I download report for last 18 mths I have no returns so how the hell can this be accurate, given the rates are shown for the last 12 months

i have had no disputes raised against me

Mine too - it's showing all perfect except for lowered percentage for 1 return but if I expand the Returns details, it shows none for the last 18 months ( which is correct).

I've long given up trying to understand, and refuse to lose any more sleep agonising about what eBay's reporting system says about me!

Marina.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Mine are all still showing 0%.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@justkidzbiz wrote:

Also shows Under Returns

It may be just a wrong description of the defect. Have you ever cancelled transaction using the current top option among the cancelllation reasons?  I do not remember what it is called but there is "Out of stock""  phrase in that reason along with something else.

If you have done it that what  making your defects. Before ebay had a lot of reasons for cancellations and all of them described almost any reason for cancelling a sale but now they have left only two.  Quite stupid and their support agrees with it over the phone but they do not care to add more reasons and we have to live with it now.

Anyway, I did not know that the first one would give you a defect so when I could not reach a buyer or I  could see he/she did not care to read an item description because they asking for something unreal I used the top one. It is just the bottom one is somethigng like "there is something wrong with a buyer address or a buyer asked to cancel it".

I could not use this reason as there was no logic in it and it did not apply to these  cases. So I used the first one and It created a lot of defects on my account and when I called ebay they explained to me that it was because of the wrong reason selected.  Now I do not use the first one and always use the second one. It does not make any sense but at least I do not get any defects anymore for these types of buyers.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

We rarely cancel an order except in exceptional circumstances if the buyer lets us know.

We default to an unpaid item case especially if there has been ZERO communication from the buyer.

So when we do cancel we never use the 'out of stock" reason as this will definitley earn you a defect.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

We rarely cancel an order except in exceptional circumstances if the buyer lets us know.

We default to an unpaid item case especially if there has been ZERO communication from the buyer.

So when we do cancel we never use the 'out of stock" reason as this will definitley earn you a defect.

I just did not have any idea it would give  me a defect so I cancelled about 4-6 sales this way until I was told by eBay not to do it and use a second option even if it does not fit at all.

Sometimes I just cannot open unpaid case because some buyers may be even paid in full but they have not given me their order details and are not replying to my messages. Since almost of my products are custom made I cannot finish and post them without a buyer's details and have to refund and cancel the sale. Those buyers  who are not paying at all or ignoring what the description says about the item they have purchased I usually process as an upaid case. 

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Ah ok, thanks Dave. I'm 1 short!

but here's something else I just noticed which is really odd.

when I look on the Seller performance page it says US$2965 sales from Jul 2015 to June 2016 but when I look on the Summary Page under My eBay it says total sales in the last 90 days Au $4,500. Certainly have not made that in sales in the last 3 months! Hope I haven't  been charged 10% of $4K in FVFs!

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply