Buyer Keeps Changing Account Account Details Because There Are Blocked

I have a buyer who keeps opening new accounts to try and buy items  (low cost) and never pays. 5 Different accounts to prescent. I tried phoning ebay to make a complaint with the 1800 number only to be told this is a monday to friday service from 9.00am until 5.00pm Not Happy where now?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'd use the request a call back option (I've been able to do this on Saturdays and Sundays, from about 10am SA time up until about 4pm I think). 

Have all of the buyer's eBay IDs ready for when you get to talk to someone - they will tell you pretty much nothing, but the buyer's IDs should be passed on to eBay Trust & Safety and some form of action should be taken (even if it's just an email warning). 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks DG will give it a try and see what happens

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

dont forget to change your buyer requirements to block unverified or O feedback buyers   Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@southaustraliacardshop wrote:

I have a buyer who keeps opening new accounts to try and buy items  (low cost) and never pays. 5 Different accounts to prescent. I tried phoning ebay to make a complaint with the 1800 number only to be told this is a monday to friday service from 9.00am until 5.00pm Not Happy where now?

I had one like this about a year ago and eBay CS managed to sort it out.

The rep I got knew her stuff I guess but she finished up locating a heap of ID's for that particular buyer.

She even manged to place them in my BBL and I never had another problem with that buyer.

ebay knows the MAC addresses of the computers we use so even proxying can be picked up.

I suspect that's the way the CS tracked down all the diferent ID's

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply