Cancelling Transactions No LOnger Works??

A buyer bought too many of an item that qualified for combined freight and after combined invoice was sent messaged me asking to cancel two items. So the requests were sent with the reason code of buyer changed mind. Buyer has claimed they have cancelled them the items are still present in the awaiting payment section ( used to disappear after they were cancelled) but showing as cancelled but still appear in a combined invoice and I cant manually remove them?!  ANy ideas other than talking to the customer service minions?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Cancelling Transactions No LOnger Works??

in future If someone wants to cancel I'm opening a non payment dispute telling them to ignore the reminders to pay telling them it will close in 4 days so I can get my fees back. it's much easier.

If ebay can't provide a simple solution then I can't be stoofed. having items tied up in the cancellation process for 10 days now if a buyer fails to answer the cancellation is just not on either.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

I've got some idiot buyer who has opened 4 INR cases against me and the stuff is sat at the post office waiting for her to pick it up. No message or anything and the tracking is on eBay.  So I now have 4 defects as as result of that.  The assumption that the seller is immediatley  guilty unless proven innocent with no evidence required and the buyer is innocent unless 15 phone calls and various e-mails are made to prove guilt is frankly BS, time consuming and I am very very close to giving eBay the finger as my website sales are more than enough to sustain me. The only thing I am not sure of is how many website sales I get as a result of buyers who look on here then see its cheaper on my site by googling.  Even if its all closed down no doubt I will get 4 negs for slow post - hardly my fault!

There are far more scamming buyers than scamming sellers from what I have seen and can see.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Amazing I just range ebay and they have closed all 4 cases in my favour and are removing the defects. first call. wonders never cease.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Harley

Yes, it's a payment dispute. I have marked as paid but that didn't close it. I had thought that this would automatically close it as you suggested, but no. Something is very very broken.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Similar issue.

Sent item, tracking numbers etc, Aust Post state delivered but client states she has not received.

I get a strike as she has lodged not received with ebay.

Get a strike while the dispute is still open!

Proof of shipment given, Aust Post state delivered!

Still talking to her.

Maybe she should check at her local PO.

What am I ment to do?

New system is a little bit "stupid".

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Ok, so here's the thing....after talking to an actually helpful CS person Woman Surprised when you click on that 'take action - receive fee credit' link it opens another page AND if you have marked item as paid, it then says 'item has been paid - cancel the dispute' so all good with mine.

Here's another fun tidbit - had a customer buy 17 items.... then decide to purchase them on my website instead Woman LOL so cancelled these, and she agreed to the cancellation at her end. All transactions coming up as cancelled in resolution centre but no green tick of fvf refund on my selling page. New system I am told is those refunded fees don't show until your monthly invoice is released.  They are there as credits on my invoice but not showing on seller page. Why???

Ebay CS told me there are still many problems with the new dispute system and this is just one of many Woman Sad

Ah well.....I guess it wasn't broke so SOMEONE had to go and "fix it" 

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

My problem buyer called me up and ended up ordering directly from my website as she was so fed up with eBay and spent twice as much. Onya eBay!

Another victory for the little person

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@aunty_vera wrote:

Hi Harley

Yes, it's a payment dispute. I have marked as paid but that didn't close it. I had thought that this would automatically close it as you suggested, but no. Something is very very broken.

yes it should close. I agree the whole site is getting to hard. nothing works as it should.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Yep. In so many years on ebay I've never had to call CS.

Until last 2 days - 2 calls in 2 days. *sigh* to fix things that should be happening automatically.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply