Cannot leave negative feedback for a bad buyer - why?

HI

I have had someone not pay for an item, they have since bought something else - so no excuses ...(5 emails later, not even a sorry response). I think they tought it started a 0.99c - anyhow if they just said it was a mistake I would be happy.

But why can I not leave negative feed back for a bau buyer... if someone does not pay for something then they should get

something..

I know there is the strike policy but how many strikes before anything happens..

I sold a large item once before, there was good bidding and item got to nearly $2000.00,

When the person did not pay (I think people set auto bid and think it will never get near it and does, but they really want it they set high figure ....durrrrrr, anyhow) .. I relisted and got $1200.00 - they cost me $800.00 and I could do nothing but report them..

I think if some does not pay it should be a strike and 5% on feedback... or something visible.. So when they try to sell something it will hurt them. Make them think about doing the right then - a complete circle.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Cannot leave negative feedback for a bad buyer - why?

Ebay stopped sellers being able to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers at least 9 years ago

I totally agree that sellers SHOULD be able to leave honest feedback, regardless of the 'buyer' getting a strike, especailly when buyers can say and do pretty much as they please and get ebay's full support

Of course my opinion is not popular with some who,just like ebay, believe only buyers matter 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@greatproductstoday

I know there is the strike policy but how many strikes before anything happens..

Sellers can set a policy to block bidders with Unpaid Item strikes, so it's very important that you do report non-payers!

@greatproductstoday

I sold a large item once before, there was good bidding and item got to nearly $2000.00,

When the person did not pay (I think people set auto bid and think it will never get near it and does, but they really want it they set high figure ....durrrrrr, anyhow) .. I relisted and got $1200.00 - they cost me $800.00 and I could do nothing but report them..

Yes, eBay is becoming very bad for people bidding, then changing their minds. Personally, I'd set a penalty of a week or so where the Non-Paying Bidder can't bid on anything else, longer period for a second offence, etc. That'd sort many of them out. Ebay won't - they're all about the buyer, at the expense of everything else.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

So if you could leave neg feedback for that buyer, how does it stop him from doing it again ?

The strike system works.

2 or more strikes witihn 12 months and the buyer cannot bid or buy from all sellers with blocks set up.

I suggest you set blocks on your account if you haven't.

Select account, site prefs, buyer requirements to the right is show n edit.

Set blocks and add any member to your BBL at the bottom.

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Why not have both?

Keep the strike system for sure

But also allow sellers to be able to leave neg feedback with it 

I know ebay's reason was the revenge feedback excuse, but really

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Look at what the Asian sellers are already doing, imagine if they were given the power of negs.

And not to mention all the Aussie sellers that come here swearing, they won't hesitate to leave a neg for no reason.

Personally I don't see a need for me as a seller to leave negs or pos for buyers for that matter. Buyers only perform the task of paying.

I think eBay should implement the strike blocks on all eBay accounts. Don't pay, can't bid or buy at all for a period.

image host
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Then ebay need to grow a pair and remove unjustfied negs, be they from a buyer or a seller 

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

"So if you could leave neg feedback for that buyer, how does it stop him from doing it again ?"

Like I said - if they get bad rating like 80/85%, no one will buy from them again (if they ever want to sell) , and if low rating members can set no buy option on bad accounts (which is already in place ?), so they will not be able to but anything for a while until 12 months has passed ..

My issue is the person was 100%, so you can never stop the first offence... 🙂

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s). DONE!

They have to have not paid twice.

Yes - If someone has paid for something then the option of negative feedback goes away - re revenge feedback..

but if they dont pay then negative feedback is an option..

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

And that the people they have not paid would have had to of opened and then closed disputes

Not everyone bothers to do so

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply