Categories eg: "Australia Only" does not refresh/work

acrowsa
Community Member

Howdy,

I am finding over the last couple of weeks that when I am searching a product and click on eg: Australia Only (instead of having 'on ebay australia or worldwide) under Categories (on left side) that nothing happens - the page does not refresh to show items for sale in Australia Only.

I can click on anything under Categories eg: New or Completed Listings or Sold Listings etc. that the page does not refresh to show my "request".

Are others having the same issue ? or is there something I have done that does not allow the request to display.

I can not recall changing any settings to make this issue and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Categories eg: "Australia Only" does not refresh/work

timinex
Community Member

Hi I use internet explorer and  i am having the same problem it started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I am also having problems with the page total can not change it from 25 to 50, 100 or 200 also only the first 10 items in a search have a picture, very frustrating. Have been using firefox without issues but i hate firefox, anyone got any ideas on this.

thanks

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Its been driving me crazy today using IE. I also don't like Firefox or Google Chrome either.

1. Total of item per page - Reverts back to default after user selects higher value

2. Only half page of pictures are down loading

3. Selecting Item location requires you to now press enter and then page will change.

4. Sort and View drop downs not working tonight at all.

Have already added ebay.com.au to Tools, Compatibility View settings.

eBay programmers need to make it compatible with IE so that eBay renders in IE the same way it already does in FF & GC because IE is such a popular browser.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

IE is only 'popular' because it is provided with (and is part of) Windows and although it can't be removed, it can certainly be replaced by something far more compatible and reliable, like Firefox or Chrome.

I didn't much care for Firefox when I first started using it some years ago, but now I wouldn't change for quids as I have better things to do with my time that worry about why IE isn't working properly today (or any other day for that matter).
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Acrowsa _I've always used IE but have found the last few weeks the same problem researching under categories- eg sold listings

I now use firefox with no problems.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

been having same problem in IE but refreshes by hitting enter after cliking on new category

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks piriestore. All good now

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

timinex
Community Member

Hi just read in another thread how to fix the problem, all you do is delete ebay.com.au from your compatibility mode in IE tools (little cog wheel top right of page) i did that and now it is all back to normal

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Well done  Timinex - Just tried it and it solves the problem.

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply