Changed Postage to Untracked Due to Payment Holds Now Sales Have Decreased

Two weeks ago, I experienced a situation where my sales were placed on payment hold. I contacted the customer service team for assistance, and they advised me to switch from standard parcel shipping to untracked letter service to resolve the issue. However, since making this change, my sales have decreased by 33% and are continuing to decline. I am curious if others have encountered a similar situation and if there are any recommendations to address this issue. I am considering either reverting to tracked shipping and accepting a lower profit margin on items that would typically go untracked, or increasing the promoted percentage amount on my listings. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Why would you be given that advice - when eBay insists on proof of delivery or a +FB - or - no problem at all if no FB left.

Would your items fit in an untracked letter - with protection for covers - and being less than 5mm. ??

PS4 games in themselves are more than 5mm.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Wondered exactly the same

And then why on earth the OP would go along with it, knowing if any buyer opens an INR case, the buyer will always always win when there is no tracking

Just goes to show how often eBay cs just say whatever to get the person 'off the line' 

I doubt too many sellers who were given the same 'advice' by eBay would do so

Especially not for items that should not be going untracked letter in the first place

I think many buyers would also be 'turned off' by seeing such items being posted as such

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Is there a PS4 game called - ' Squished '. LOL

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Just goes to show how often eBay cs just say whatever to get the person 'off the line' 

Did CS really say that,  the whole lot sounds like saturdayitis,  why would payments have being stopped if they were using tracked in the first place.   There is more to this than meets the eye

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Who knows really?

Given some of things folks have come on the forum and posted that eBay CS said 

(insert hogwash here)

Anything is possible

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Why would you not be given that advice. Giving incorrect information on how to fix it won't help the OP solve the issue with payment hold. 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I use untracked for most items under $10-$15 unless they can't be replaced easy by the buyer purchasing elsewhere if it goes missing. I would use it for items over $20 regardless as most buyers expect it. I am not 100% sure but using untracked may lower your item search results compared to those that offer it.

Reagrding your lower sales my current sales are down around 25% this month compared to last month but that is expected this time of year due to what I sell. So your drop may not be attributed to nothing more than buyers spending less.

If you listing impressions are down significantly then ebay have restricted views to your listings for the tracking defect score.

I would fix your listings first and remove any with a tracked service selected and change to untracked if you intend to send that way. I would only increase promoted fees on common items as there is no need for it  on more desirable items. I think they check your tracking performance monthly so may take a month to clear if that is what has happened.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

The only person who gave incorrect advice was the eBay CS, who informed the OP to change from parcel to untracked letter to resolve the hold issue

As stated by the OP themselves 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Why would you not be given that advice. Giving incorrect information on how to fix it won't help the OP solve the issue with payment hold. 

OK - trying to figure this one out.

I ' did not give the OP any advice '.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply