Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au (14/08/2012)

CmtyGuide@ebay.com
Community Member

This thread is to discuss the Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au

These changes include:

Enhanced functionality for multi-variation listings

Show your item location to increase buyer confidence

Greater 'Item Condition' clarity for buyers

Share your listings through your social network

Changes to Basic and Featured Store subscriptions

Please be advised, off-topic and/or disruptive posts may be deleted.

eBay Community Guides help you find what you need in eBay Community, but do not offer advice on other eBay features, or engage in conversation. Find out more about eBay Community and how it works here: Community Help Page
Message 1 of 260
Latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au (14/08/2012)

Going back on my word here but anyway...

Something that seems to be popular with Stores is the 30-day listings. One way to replicate that with the casual seller, "30-free-listings a month" account is to open a number of different accounts. Whether eBay will allow this, technically, I can't be certain. But if they do, then you can run the free 10-day listings (the maximum time per individual listing), list 10 items per month on each account, use Selling Manager (for free), and assign the Rule that if they don't sell within the 10-day period, they are automatically re-listed. So, it's like a store in a way. It would take a bit of tweaking but if you put in the effort, I bet you could work out a way to make the casual seller status into a replicate store.

yes, ebay allow as many different accounts as you want, but each must have a separate email address.

but..- -  -.vickibob has TRS so doesn't qualify on that ID for any free listings...---and Selling Manager isnt free if you do not have a store, and there is no automatic relisting for the 30 free listings a month.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 181 of 260
Latest reply

yes, ebay allow as many different accounts as you want, but each must have a separate email address.

but..- -  -.vickibob has TRS so doesn't qualify on that ID for any free listings...---and Selling Manager isnt free if you do not have a store, and there is no automatic relisting for the 30 free listings a month.

Selling Manager is free for non-store owners, as I use it as a casual seller. Selling Manager Pro isn't free, though.

There is automatic relisting for casual seller using Selling Manager. If you click on an item and go to Assign Rules, you can choose the option "Relist continuously until an item sells."

Message 182 of 260
Latest reply

deals_2_your_door
Community Member

ebay for a while now (about 5 years), has intended to get rid of secondhand sellers and create a virtual mall full of only retailers. From memory, they made that comment as they abolished negitive feedback for Buyers. Thats why they have been pushing for stores. At that stage I exited ebay from a business point of view and only sell the odd thing here and there. You really have to ask the question, is it all worth it. In my 15 years doing ebay, i had enough at least 5 years ago, but thats me.

Message 183 of 260
Latest reply

pomaderris
Community Member

I think the idea of the huge online shopping mall might soon become outmoded in the same way as real shopping malls are beginning to feel the pinch. What I am finding is that it is often less expensive to bypass the 'great online shopping mall' and go straight to the website of the supplier, or brand name.

The big brands have an online presence anyway, and why incur extra charges if you can sell it yourself online? This is becoming more and more common in the fashion industry.

Ebay used to be fantastic. Now it is putting all its eggs in one basket with the idea that the structure of supply will always remain the same. The constantly evolving patterns of online selling suggest that it will not.

Message 184 of 260
Latest reply

traimee
Community Member

yep i think thats just about it for me.

Double the price in one hit? DOUBLE???

I cant believe the rubbish they spiel.

Its necessary to double the featured & basic store fee because so many sellers took advantage of the 20 cent listings?

What a load of crap.

How does doubling the price make it easier for serious sellers to continue operating?

Do they honestly believe this dribble?

Do they honestly think we do?

Or as usual they dont give a crap what we think and its kick a long with it or boot off.

Message 185 of 260
Latest reply

Firstly I am annoyed at the lack of communication from ebay to store subscribers regarding the price increase. I imagine there will be ALOT of customers who are going to be charged double next month without any knowledge.

There has been one email from ebay regarding this issue ... and the price increase was buried halfway down the page. This price increase should be spelt out on numerous occasions and the customer should have to click a button to agree with keeping their store and accepting the price increase. I am curious to see the backlash in a months time when the invoices are sent out.

Don't forget everyone ... opt out of your store tomorrow ... or you will be charged $49.95 a month from the next day.

Message 186 of 260
Latest reply

Firstly I am annoyed at the lack of communication from ebay to store subscribers regarding the price increase. I imagine there will be ALOT of customers who are going to be charged double next month without any knowledge.

There has been one email from ebay regarding this issue ... and the price increase was buried halfway down the page. This price increase should be spelt out on numerous occasions and the customer should have to click a button to agree with keeping their store and accepting the price increase. I am curious to see the backlash in a months time when the invoices are sent out.

Don't forget everyone ... opt out of your store tomorrow ... or you will be charged $49.95 a month from the next day.

I'm really annoyed also at the lack of communication by eBay, and feel it so arrogant of them.

I'm also very annoyed that nobody from eBay has posted on this thread and addresses any questions or issues raised.

I've been checking in now and again, to see what they have to say - it appears it is NOTHING!!!!

Forgot to add. that for the moment I'm keeping my store as sales have been OK, but not a big seller in terms of dollars, so don't know what the future holds for me and my store.

Am going to try elsewhere but know the traffic isn't high.  I'll be letting my buyers know in my Thank You notes I send with my parcels.

I am fortunate to have some faithful buyers who return, either by eBay or other means.

Thank you for your comments, I have closed my store and am setting up with ebid. I know the traffic is not good but I think it is a worthwhile site and am hoping that it does grow. I will be telling everyone I know about it.

I did set up another account and tried an auction but it was a big hassle, not worth the effort.

Message 189 of 260
Latest reply

did anyone else receive a $38.00 charge for your ebay store on your recent e***bay invoice?????????????????????????

or am i the only one

looks like i have been charged  a pro rata thing -

half the month at the 25,00 price   12.50

half the month at the 50.00 price    25.00

i closed my store about a week ago, apparantly i should of done it at end of august to stop ebay from charging me the september fee for a store that is no longer open,

should of remembered ebay charges their store fees in advance, nice of them to give us a heads up about that one, deliberately put the date smack bang in the middle of the month, knowing that people like me wouldnt think to close their stores down before the end of august to not incur the higher fees.  way to go ebay, got a lot of extra money for free this month.

someone please correct me if i am wrong - its rather late and i shouldnt be typing at this time of night - little lost without my store - no it wasnt a roaring success - but like others i was enjoying it.

facebook garage sales is a crazy alternative to here.but kind of fun.

Message 190 of 260
Latest reply