Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au (14/08/2012)

CmtyGuide@ebay.com
Community Member

This thread is to discuss the Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au

These changes include:

Enhanced functionality for multi-variation listings

Show your item location to increase buyer confidence

Greater 'Item Condition' clarity for buyers

Share your listings through your social network

Changes to Basic and Featured Store subscriptions

Please be advised, off-topic and/or disruptive posts may be deleted.

eBay Community Guides help you find what you need in eBay Community, but do not offer advice on other eBay features, or engage in conversation. Find out more about eBay Community and how it works here: Community Help Page
Message 1 of 260
Latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au (14/08/2012)

Dont we have Freedom of speech any longer?

Australians are free, within the bounds of the law, to say or write what we think privately or publicly, about the government, or about any topic. We do not censor the media and may criticise the government without fear of arrest.

true you can do that, on your own site, but we should all remember this is eBay's Site, and the freedom of speech here  is THEIRS, not ours.

if we want to say something ''freely'' we must do it on our own place, not someone else's.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 231 of 260
Latest reply

putney32

This is THEIR site..oh please...We the people are eBay. If it wasnt for us there would be NO Ebay

Regardless of whos site it is anyway we Australian's have the right of FREE SPEECH.

Australians are free, within the bounds of the law, to say or write what we think privately or publicly.

Message 232 of 260
Latest reply

I closed my store in protest, and would like to move elswhere , slight problem is I have run identicle listings on another site and acheived a total of 3 sales in 2 years.

I have tried relisting my ebay items and are slugged $1.50 each for a maximum 10 day listing.

Ebays marketing execs and accountants should get together and walk off a cliff.

Ebay is all  about sales.

Only sellers sell.

Sellers use their own time, computers, storage, and stock so ebay can get its percentage.

Penalise sellers or get rid of them and sales must fall= less sales

Less sellers, less product choice = less buyers= less sales

compulsory free postage is so ebay can get a percentage of that as well, as sellers will need to add the post cost to the total price.

Message 233 of 260
Latest reply

I dont seem to get the free listings,

I am charged $1.50 each for10 days, possibly because im a top rated seller. Perhaps I should try some dodgy transactions to lose this

Message 234 of 260
Latest reply

Regardless of whos site it is anyway we Australian's have the right of FREE SPEECH.

Australians are free, within the bounds of the law, to say or write what we think privately or publicly.

Sorry to break it to you, but there is no such thing as free speech in Australia - that's an American thing, and even then it has limitations.

(US) Free speech grants you the right to say or write (almost) whatever you want without fear of persecution, but it doesn't grant you the right to have an independent, third party (like eBay) publish what you write. That would be like writing a letter to the editor of your local paper and demanding they print it; you can't because you don't own the paper and the editorial decisions aren't yours.

But that's irrelevant anyway, because as I said, Australia doesn't have free speech.

Message 235 of 260
Latest reply

We do have an implied right if it's political.

Message 236 of 260
Latest reply

Hate to burst your bubble digital*ghost but check out the Australian Government website. Its states just what I said

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/choose-australia/about-australia/five-freedoms.htm

So like I said, Australians are free, within the bounds of the law, to say or write what we think privately or publicly.

As Australians we have the right to free speech. I strongly encourage the people that work for my company to have a say about what ever it is they feel the need to say without the fear of repercussions.

Beyond the basic need for a sense of control, we are deeply driven by our sense of identity, of who we are. โ€˜Iโ€™ is a capital letter, denoting the importance we place on our sense of individual self. As Descartes said, โ€˜I think, therefore I am.โ€™ Many social theories are to do with creating or preserving our sense of identity.

Every person has a right to their own thoughts whether we agree with them or not and we as Australians except this fact and allow people this right.

Message 237 of 260
Latest reply

After 10 years i have just closed my shop.

Thank you very much EBAY.

Unless I make heaps of money for you and can afford you doubling my rent I have no option but to close shop.

Differnece between you and the money hungry landlords out in society.....NOTHING!!!!!

Message 238 of 260
Latest reply

I dont seem to get the free listings,

I am charged $1.50 each for10 days, possibly because im a top rated seller. Perhaps I should try some dodgy transactions to lose this

You will have to use another ID that is not a PS or TRS or make another to get the 30 free listings till the TRS status drops off

Message 239 of 260
Latest reply

chixfashionz
Community Member

"dogs...money grubbin dogs"

My thoughts exactly, my friend. And their attitude towards sellers shows no signs of changing anytime soon.

Message 240 of 260
Latest reply