Cheapest/easiest way for a buyer to return a duplicate item?

Hi everyone,

I've actually never been in this situation before, despite selling on eBay for a very long time, so some advice would be appreciated.

I posted an order to a buyer last Friday (18th) in an eBay satchel. We're both in the same city. Checked yesterday (23rd), no scanning events at all, and no delivery.

Buyer needed the item for Christmas so I messaged her and checked that it hadn't been received. I offered to send another one out Express Post so that she'd have it in time for Christmas. She said she'd send one back if they both ended up arriving.

Well, guess what? Today, Australia Post have finally decided to scan the satchel that was sent on the 18th, and it's going to be delivered to her today - along with the Express Post parcel I sent yesterday.

So my question is: what is the cheapest and easiest way for the buyer to return one of the items to me? I think (?) there is a way to print return labels on eBay, but I don't want to receive a defect for doing so, because it's not a return because the item was unsatisfactory.

She's a repeat buyer whom I've traded with for many years, so trusting that she'll return it is not an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Cheapest/easiest way for a buyer to return a duplicate item?

no problems patricia mmmm    have a nice day

Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

Patricia? Are you now calling me a chicken? You're treading on thin ice now Joe. I would quit while you're ahead, because you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

is that the name you said was you   when i asked you,   excuse me if i am wrong   what is your name again you did say it not long ago.

or was it dorothy  which one.   and how is patricia  got to do with chickens , there are lots of women called patricia.  please

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Patricia? Are you now calling me a chicken? You're treading on thin ice now Joe. I would quit while you're ahead, because you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself.

roflmao.gif

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

Get the buyer to "return to sender" This has happened to me before and it has worked. Good luck

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

That has been recommended numerous times, but Joe thinks it is unethical. Even though AP say it is okay.

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

return to sender fine    but as long as you dont tell porkies as not at this address, which is what i have been saying, 

Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

The point that Joe has been arguing all along was (not at this address),return to sender was always ok.

Not at this address is telling porkies if the buyer does actually live there.

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply