Chinese sellers account benefit at AU?

Hi all 

Recently I noticed some AU sellers using eBay account registered at China, just curious what is in it for them? 

In item description they are posting from NSW, somewhere close to Sydney. Fast and Free and very cheap. 

I am wondering if they pay tax to Chinese government or domestic? Would they get a discount when listing thousands of items, final fees (eg. AUD is 5 times than Chinese $), Do they still need to pay GST afterall account is locate at China thus their selling behaviors should belong to overseas and GST free. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

They are not Au sellers. If they are registered in China they are Chinese. The goods may or may not (probably not) be in Australia.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

They are not Aus sellers.

They are Chinese sellers pretending to be Aus sellers.

The Chinese sellers on eBay (worldwide) have destroyed the site with all the rubbish they list breaking rules by listing hundreds of same items, search manipulation, misuse of variation listings, descriptions not matching items and misrepresenting location.

They worked out local buyers would rather buy from local sellers so they began to pretend to be local sellers.

Chinese sellers get subsidised postal costs by the Chinese Government.

And with the new GST on low value imports, by stating item is sent from locally it is also tax evasion.

Not to mention the fact that buyers wait 4-6 weeks for items to arrive rather than 4-5 days local postage.

(Some of these accounts do have stock warehoused locally but also often send items from China)

My solution would be to not allow Chinese sellers to list on any overseas eBay sites but only on their Chinese site.

Then buyers can go to the Chinese site if they wish or have normal transactions/searches on their own local site.

image host
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I don't think there's actually anything for sale on ebay China.

I think they just instruct them on how to list elsewhere.

But I did find this bit of information on ebay China -

Violation of overseas warehouse accounts will face serious penalties from now on

Published: 2019-03-15 11:46:27

In order to strengthen the management of overseas warehouses, EBay has been in 2019 year 3 Month 1 Day Announcement Overseas Warehouse Service standard management policy , and in 3 Month 7 Day A notice was issued urging sellers to take immediate action to adjust the non-compliance publication of UK overseas warehouses. We hereby remind the seller again :

If you do not actually use the UK overseas warehouse delivery items, please be sure to truthfully modify the location of the item, Logistics solutions issued from mainland China need to be in line with Speedpak Logistics Management program Policy of the requirements ; If you do use a UK overseas warehouse, make sure that the item starts with payment at the required commitment limit 5 Service within a working day.

EBay Review the authenticity of overseas warehouses at any time, and the timeliness of delivery of overseas warehouses, illegal accounts will face serious penalties from now on , including the publication of the shelves, sales restrictions, account complete cancellation and so on.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply