Chinese sellers claiming stock located in Darwin/Aust

Is there anyway to report (and will eBay even do anything about) all the 'Aussie' sellers claiming to be located in Darwin but are actually in China.

Having the option to pick if the item is located in Australia was great for local sellers and buyers but now it's all muddy again.

Search results are no longer accurate. Sellers having over 300 negative reviews in a month talking about the item sent from China/Hong Kong or not arriving at all etc. Surely it wouldn't be hard for eBay to pick up on this.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

There is a report link in all listings and specifically "location misrepresentation" is one of the options.

If enough reports on a seller is made, perhaps eBay will action on it.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The Chinese sellers realise how slow China/Aust Post takes to delivery small single items to buyers so many are now using consolidaters to drop ship multiple sales. Each day the high volume sellers or every few days for the lower sellers consolidate all the sales for one country or one city and ship them in one box (less than $1,000 in value to avoid GST) using air freight to a freight consolidater. When the box arrives all the small packages get local postage added and mailed using Australia Post. This process gets your article delivered in 2-3 weeks instead of 4-6 weeks. Yes it's a con because the item was never located locally. It is a marketing trick to make you buy their item thinking it will be delivered faster. Some of the consolidaters are very sophisticated and will create an Australia Post tracking number when you buy the item, but it will show nothing for 1-2 weeks until the stock arrives at their warehouse from China. This practice is becoming widespread. A trick to work out if the item is genuinely in Australia is to simply look at the sellers feedback. If they have over 100,000 sales they are obviously in China or look at their other items using the Item Location 'Worldwide' option and you will see they sell globally using the same method.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I am guessing the amount of revenue they generate for ebay will determine the outcome of any complaint!

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

That's my thought exactly.

Some of them even have eBay awards.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

this has been going on for years , ebay does nothing about it.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been caught by this scam twice.

Their items cost more and if I wanted to buy from a chinese seller, I would pay less and get it from Aliexpress and not these scammers.

I report them to ebay and leave neg feedback, however, nothing happens, they still keep listing items as being in Australia.

How can we get ebay to take notice and have this practice stopped, it's way out of control!  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You can't.     ebay Australia can do nothing but report them to ebay China.

Who will do nothing

Ebay makes a lot of money from Chinese sellers, so they are called 'The Protected Ones'

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I reported one to see what would happen and now e-bay send me pop up messages to see if I am still interested in the item go figure! 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

And there ya have it.............ebay's stance on Chinese sellers

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply