Chinese sellers should be banned from selling on eBay.com.au

It's disgusting how eBay Australia allows international Chinese sellers to list and sell on our site

My opposition are primarily Chinese who sell items for $1.00 (including shipping) But for me, the cheapest shipping within Australia is $7.20 + the  cost of the product. How can we compete with that? Yes, to send an item the size of two box of matches (for example) is $7.20

At the very least, our listings should get priority and appear ahead of theirs in search results

If your interested in drafting a protest, please post your interest here.

Regards

Dave

PS This is not a racial issue. My wife is Khmer (Cambodian).

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: Chinese sellers should be banned from selling on eBay.com.au

@kkx302 wrote:

I think China should be banned from eBay also, the shipping times are up to two months and with no reliable tracking it’s ridiculous, the seller is sometimes listed in Australia but the items gets shipped from China, it’s just not good enough.

Hell will freeze over before ebay will ever ban Chinese sellers. They bring in too much money.

But I foresee with my crystal ball that the time might come when ebay does something more about sorting out and taking more control of item location/delivery times/shipping etc

So Chinese sellers of the future might be able to list in Australia but maybe only those goods that are already in approved warehouses in Australia.

Message 61 of 84
Latest reply

Can EBay please ban items from China being listed.
Message 62 of 84
Latest reply

@mike_63301458 wrote:

Yet,another useless thread.Angry head bang.gif

Without Chinese sellers eBay simple wouldn't have enough sellers to make the Aus site a profitable site so if

for some reason Chinese sellers couldn't sell on eBay they would simply shut the site down.

As the amount of items listed by Aus based sellers only simply isn't a large enough volume to sustain the minimum

profit margins eBay wants.

Message 63 of 84
Latest reply

@mike_63301458 wrote:

Surely you jest!!Smiley SurprisedSmiley FrustratedSmiley LOL

Why should the rest of us who are happy with items/sellers from China be denied buying from China just becaue you are not happy.

Message 64 of 84
Latest reply

What annoys me, and I complained to ebay, is that even though the goods are advertised as in Australia, and the seller is in Australia, when you place an order, all of a sudden there is no stock and you have to wait two months or more for the goods to come on a slow boat from China. If it's advertised as in Australia goods should be in Australia! I'm afraid ebay is nothing like the market place it used to be. Once upon a time you could trust them!
Graingeman
Message 65 of 84
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not going to use ebay any more as I do not wish to buy from china and I am sick od having to scroll thru to find australian sellers

Rae

Message 66 of 84
Latest reply

Bye

Latest reply

Look around your home, look at the labels on your clothes. At least 90% will be Made in China.

China has made your lifestyle comfortable and extremely affordable. Without them your cost of listing would be 10 times higher.

Amazon will be happy to have you as a shopper. You can afford it.

Cheerio and thanks for dropping by. You won't be missed.
Message 68 of 84
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trouble is the Chinese sellers lie and say they are selling from Australia.
Message 69 of 84
Latest reply

Checking where they are registered may tell you whether they are posting from Australia or not.

I have bought a number of items from Chinese sellers that say their stock is in Australia, and the items came quickly because they came from their Australian warehouse. I am not saying that it is always the case, but many Chinese sellers do send from Australia when they say they will.

Latest reply