Click n Send without Courier Pickup

Hi All,

Why can't I buy postage online without courier pickup? I just want to buy postage online but don't want a courier to pick up my satchels. Is this possible? I had a look at click n send help and it doesn't seem so. I was under the impression that one could buy postage online and then just place satchels in a post box. What a pain!

TIA!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

After you have created your labels there are 2 options for the flat-rate satchels and boxes

• pay online with creditcard or PayPal and lodge at PO or drop in red box
  • pay online with creditcard or PayPal for courier pickup (includes pickup fee)

If you are using your own packaging you create the labels and print them but payment has to be made on lodgement of the parcels at the PO.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

@sportandplay wrote:

If you are using your own packaging you create the labels and print them but payment has to be made on lodgement of the parcels at the PO.

Just to note, if you are using your own packaging, you can pay online but only with the courier pick-up option, otherwise the only option is to pay at a post office.

But as sportandplay mentioned, if you want to pay online without courier pick-up and be able to post at leisure (in a street box or over the counter), the only option is to use the flat rate products (satchels and boxes are available via the Aus Post eBay store).

It's a bit restrictive, especially if your items aren't suited to the flat rate packaging, but they're the only options they give, unfortunately.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies. I'm obviously clicking on the wrong packaging type. So what do I need to click on if I am using standard ebay satchels?

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

With the current set-up, on the 3rd panel (Item Details) it should have packaging options, which you'll probably need to edit.

If you click on Edit, the panel will expand and there's a field labeled Product Promo code. Enter the satchel code there (eg for the 500gm satchel, the code is 39712, which you'll find printed on the back). Click "apply" and the other fields should be pre-filled with the satchel specs. Then click 'Find Available Services'. 

If you primarily use one packaging type/size, you can select to save the item details so that the info for it is set as the default and you'll only have to edit the item details if you use a different packaging type or size.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks, this makes sense. How do I obtain a tracking number?

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

it just goives you one as you process the order, you don't have to do anything special for the trcking number.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Although the risk is small you should not put the satchels directly into the post box if you want to make sure you have Paypal seller protectio. If you lodge them over the counter they are scanned into the system however if put straight in the box they may not get scanned until they reach the buyer's delivery centre. Should a parcel go missing before it reaches that point then you have no evidence that it was actually posted, only that you paid for postage and printed the label.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

So how do I see the tracking number? I can't seem to find it and let my buyer know it. Sorry, I'm all new to this! 

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

So how do I see the tracking number? I can't seem to find it and let my buyer know it. Sorry, I'm all new to this

once you print off the label the tracking number is there and you get an email off c&s and it goes on your sold item also

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply