Client discounts?

Hi all - does anyone have a successful method for offering client discounts on bulk orders? The only way that I'm aware of, seems to be to do a PayPal refund - but eBay still charge their full percentage fees?

Steve

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Client discounts?

If someone ask for a discount, through eBay ask seller message, instead of reply, you can reply with offer. Does this help?
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

I'm not sure - I've never tried that feature? What options does it offer?

Cheers

Steve
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

Price and quantity of offers and also to include offer term in words.
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

Yeah, that does sound good. I'll look at it in future too - though I really do like the Promotional offers that purplemon mentioned - I just have to fgure out what I might have missed with the 2+ feature?

It sounds like that option might drive some extra sales?
Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

Once again - thanks purplemon - I actually needed to select the "Order discount" text to get me to the 10% discount for 2+, but I got there in the end. I really appreciate your help - and that of several others in this thread.

Cheers

Steve

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

Hi,

Sorry I did not respond sooner, I just got home from work. Glad you figured it out.

What I listed above is my favourite ebay 'trick' to increase sales that I have learned so far.

My next favourite is:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sh/lst/active?sort=-visitCount

That link will sort my listings by visit count, apparently some people can do this, but for me that column header is not clickable. The reason I like it is that if something has a high visit count but nobody is buying, I can try to figure out what is stopping them. Usually it's probably just price, but maybe it's worth my time to try taking better photos or writing a better description.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

Thanks - but I don't see that page when I click = only Manage Active Listings with no visit count?

Steve

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

Apparently, ebay roll out different versions to different users. They call it A-B testing. You know see which versions work better/get better feedback etc.

So your ebay version is probably slightly different to mine. You might have to try messing around with it until you get the right combination. For example, I clicked the custom label column on my page:

custom label.JPG

This is the web address I got:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sh/lst/active?action=sort&sort=listingSKU&editMode=false&offset=0

I then substituted "listingSKU" for "-visitCount" like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sh/lst/active?action=sort&sort=-visitCount&editMode=false&offset=0

The page then sorted by most visited. The minus symbol reverses the order by the way.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

Thanks - you're a legend! ɾ⚈▿⚈ɹ

Steve
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Client discounts?

I am certainly NOT getting any of that - I must be a "C" test mode? ɾ⚈▿⚈ɹ

Steve
Message 20 of 25
Latest reply