Coin sets flagged as duplicate. Any ideas?

I listed two different 2003 silver proof coin sets on eBay. One was removed as being a duplicate. I talked to eBays support and explained that a buyer expects to see the photos of the actual coins they will be recieving but had no luck. The suggestion of the support person was to wait for one to sell before posting the other. What kind of crazyness is that.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to list these items without being flagged. I can't believe that those who sell coins on eBay limit themselves to a single coin of each variety.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Try slightly changing the title of the 2nd one.     Call it set #2 or something.

If you have them exactly the same, the bots pick them up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Try slightly changing the title of the 2nd one.     Call it set #2 or something.

If you have them exactly the same, the bots pick them up.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I don't know about coins but I used to list a lot of bulk lots of dolls.  They were not identical as the lots consisted of different dolls but they were basically lots of ten of the same type of dolls.  I just used to add Lot A, Lot B, etc to the description which appeared to work.

However, if your coin sets are exactly the same, I think you can do a multiple listing.

I don't know how to do this but a more worldy sophisticated seller will come along shortly with the appropriate advice.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I believe there needs to be a minimum of three differences between listings so as they are not flagged as duplicate, the best ones are different photos, title and price (eg in one you could have the year first, in another have it last etc). Others are condition and item specifics. Variation listings are also good if available in the category, but the condition of each item available is supposed to be the same.

I used to buy gemstone cabcohons and because sellers had multiples of the same material and size, but each one was unique, they used to have the SKU of the item in the title, which were always unique as well. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

As others have mentioned, slightly change the wording in the title and description. As suggested, Lot 1 & lot 2 are enough to do the job. Take your own photos and use slightly different photos for each. Another good trick is to decrease the selling price of one lot by five cents and raise the postage cost by five cents, giving the same total selling price. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will give it a shot.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply